Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help and ideas!

1. Sep 10, 2012 #1
    I purchased two of these for 14$:

2n6x4ox.jpg
    7lfd.jpg

What can I make from them? My father suggested making a current transformer but I am wondering what else you think I can use those large copper things for?

(I just started my first semester of EE, I like tinkering with electronics in my spare time.)

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2012 #2

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

BhutJolokia, You have Synergy 6D: Line Voltage Dimmer Power Modules

Modules include six 20A line voltage dimmers with integral 15A or 20A circuit breakers and are available for 120V, 230V and 277V applications. Each dimmer is equipped with an air-gap relay and an architectural-grade torriodal filter.

On the Synergy website Click on "Installation instruction sheets" for step-by-step installation procedure, including wiring diagrams:

http://www.synergylightingcontrols.com/family1.aspx?family=sypmb 6d

You may use the modules to dim many types of loads.

Cheers,
    Bobbywhy

4. Sep 11, 2012 #3
    Well, they actually are not working right now. When I picked them up most of the circuit board that's left on them is damaged. I was wonderinf what I could possibly use those copper coil looking things to build something from. I plan on taking them apart later today if I get time so I could post better pictures if needed.

Also I really appreciate you telling me what they are and pulling the wiring diagrams for me.

5. Sep 11, 2012 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook