Help finding some papers on carbon nanotubes

In summary, the speaker explains their situation of being admitted to a material science laboratory and their goal of growing carbon nanotubes using the Chemical Vapor Deposition process. They mention difficulties in accessing necessary papers from scientific journals through their university's library and express interest in utilizing resources such as Science Direct. They also apologize if they posted in the wrong forum and suggest using Google Scholar to find articles for beginners.
AHolico
Let me explain my situation. Recently I was admitted to a material science laboratory at my university (University of Puerto Rico). We are going to try to grow carbon nanotubes by the Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) process. My first step is to get information on the technique (wich is currently frequently used) by finding some papers from scientific journals. The problem is that the library here has some journals, but not all of them. Most universities have access to journal retrieving utilities, like Science Direct, but no luck in my university.

[moderator: personal information removed.]

Excuse me if I posted in the wrong forum. I just though this is the one more visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

What is the importance of carbon nanotubes in scientific research?

Carbon nanotubes are considered to be one of the most promising materials in the field of nanotechnology. They possess unique properties such as high strength, electrical and thermal conductivity, and large surface area which make them suitable for a wide range of applications in various industries.

How can I find relevant papers on carbon nanotubes?

There are several ways to find papers on carbon nanotubes. You can start by searching online databases such as Google Scholar, ScienceDirect, or PubMed. You can also attend conferences or workshops related to nanotechnology, where researchers often present their latest findings. Additionally, you can join online communities or forums where scientists and researchers share their work and collaborate on projects.

What are some key areas of research on carbon nanotubes?

Some key areas of research on carbon nanotubes include their synthesis, characterization, and functionalization. Other areas of interest include their applications in electronics, energy storage, biomedical engineering, and environmental remediation. Researchers are also exploring the potential of carbon nanotubes in areas such as sensors, drug delivery, and water purification.

Are there any challenges in working with carbon nanotubes?

Yes, there are several challenges in working with carbon nanotubes. One of the main challenges is their synthesis, as it requires specialized equipment and techniques. Another challenge is their dispersion and alignment, as carbon nanotubes tend to clump together. Moreover, there are concerns about the potential toxicity of carbon nanotubes, which require proper handling and disposal to ensure the safety of researchers and the environment.

What are some recent developments in the field of carbon nanotubes?

There have been several recent developments in the field of carbon nanotubes, such as the development of new methods for their synthesis, functionalization, and characterization. In terms of applications, there have been advancements in using carbon nanotubes for energy storage, biomedical engineering, and environmental remediation. Researchers are also exploring the potential of combining carbon nanotubes with other materials to create new hybrid materials with enhanced properties.