1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help generating ideas for a Physics Research Project

1. Oct 9, 2007 #1
    I am in a Research Class that goes for two years, and over the course of the two years I need to come up with a research project that I, just a high school student, can do and complete. It should be fairly original research. But I am having an extremely hard time thinking of topics. The teacher gave us a big list of small topics (such as robotics, theoretical physics, tectonics, Sociology, etc.) and we have to pick 3 topics and brainstorm about 15 things we could do for each one.

I want to do something involving Physics or Engineering, because thats what I love. But I am just having the most difficult time thinking of research I can do. Theoretical Physics is what I like the most, but its hard to do any original research, and others I was considering are Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Nuclear and Particle Physics.

So can someone please start giving me a boost or a starting point to go from to help me generate ideas?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?