1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I NEED HELP in MAGNETIC CIRCUITS

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1
    I'm not sure if my answer is correct, I need someone to help me solve this so I could check my answer..

1.) 2 coils A and B are magnetically coupled. When connected in parallel-aiding, the total inductance is 2.33 H, and when connected in parallel-opposing the total inductance is 1.4H. The mutual inductance is 1H. What will happen to the coefficient of coupling if the 2 coils were connected in a series assuming that the mutual inductance remains the same?

2.) The flux density in the 0.2" air gap of an electric motor is 42,000 maxwells per sq. in. If the mmf required to produce this flux is 82% of the total mmf developed by the exciting coil, calculate the number of turns in the winding,assuming a current of 2.2 A.

Thanks guys!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2

mezarashi

Homework Helper

As per usual protocol, I guess it would be proper for you to post your own attempts or solutions >_>. Not my rules, but I see good reason for them.

4. Oct 8, 2005 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

rocker, if you're not aware of the guidelines regarding schoolwork, please click my signature line.

5. Oct 9, 2005 #4
    ok! i'll send my solution next time coz i'm in a hurry..i've got so many exams

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?