1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help in trigonometry :S

1. Oct 14, 2008 #1
    i got to find the sin and cos of cylinder. in the cylinder system plz help me

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2008 #2
    your question is not clear jerina.

4. Oct 14, 2008 #3
    i got to find the Cylindrical coordinates :s sorry

5. Oct 14, 2008 #4
    I'm sorry,I think it deals with higher mathematical trigonometry.I know few about sin & cos but like sinx & cosx and there calculation like how to find the reasonable range of x ;in sinx+cosx=sin2x

6. Oct 14, 2008 #5

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I'm guessing that you need to find the cylindrical coordinates for a cylinder, but you haven't told us anything about the cylinder you're working with. A point in cylindrical coordinates is an ordered triple of numbers, (r, [tex]\vartheta[/tex], z).

For a vertical cylinder of radius a whose center axis lies along the z-axis, the equation is very simple: r = a. Every point (r, [tex]\vartheta[/tex], z) on this cylinder will have an r value of a.

7. Oct 14, 2008 #6
    [​IMG] like that or that [​IMG]

8. Oct 14, 2008 #7

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Like the first one. The second one shows spherical coordinates.

9. Oct 14, 2008 #8
    you should show some sincere work before you ask anyone for help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?