1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help interpreting form factor relations in parton model

1. Sep 6, 2010 #1
    Hello

My first post here and I don't know if this is the right place but i'm trying to get a grip on form factors when it comes to deep inelastic scattering. My tool is Gordon Kane's Modern Elementary Particle Physics. Exercises 5 and 6 chapter 18 seems like good exercises but I need som help in interpreting the meaning of the different relations

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

The exercise states that one is to interpret three ralations regarding partons in deep inelastic scattering. Starting with [tex]\int^{1}_{0}{xdx\sum_{i=q, \bar{q}, g} f_i (x) = 1[/tex]

where [tex]f_i (x)[/tex] is the probability of finding i:th parton with fractional momentum x

2. Relevant equations

My interpretation is that it simply states that the probability of finding any parton with any momentum is 1

Is this correct?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted