I please Angular deceleration

In summary, the circular saw blade completes 1150 revolutions in 42 seconds while coasting to a stop after being turned off. The angular deceleration can be found by using the equation theta = theta initial + w initial (t) + 1/2 a (t^2), where theta initial is 1150 revolutions, w initial is the initial angular speed, and t is 42 seconds. By plugging in the values and solving for a, the angular deceleration is found to be approximately 0.0028 rpm/s. The initial angular speed can then be found by using the equation w = w initial + at, and solving for w initial.
bob5445123
I need help please! Angular deceleration

Homework Statement

A circular saw blade completes 1150 revolutions in 42 s while coasting to a stop after being turned off. Assume constant deceleration.

(a) What is the angular deceleration? (rpm/s)

(b) What is the initial angular speed? (rpm)

Homework Equations

w=wo+at

w^2=wo^2+2a(change in theta)

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to plug in one equation into the other but it did not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org

bob5445123 said:

Homework Statement

A circular saw blade completes 1150 revolutions in 42 s while coasting to a stop after being turned off. Assume constant deceleration.

(a) What is the angular deceleration? (rpm/s)

(b) What is the initial angular speed? (rpm)

Homework Equations

w=wo+at

w^2=wo^2+2a(change in theta)

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to plug in one equation into the other but it did not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the PF.

There's one more relevant equation that you should add, and it will help you solve part (a). What is the equation for theta as a function of omega and angular acceleration?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

There's one more relevant equation that you should add, and it will help you solve part (a). What is the equation for theta as a function of omega and angular acceleration?

You mean theta=theta intial+wo(t)+1/2at^2?

Do you plug in the first equation into the theta equation and solve for a?

Alright I think i got it. Thanks for helping

1. What is angular deceleration?

Angular deceleration is the rate at which an object's angular velocity decreases over time. It is a measure of how quickly an object's rotational speed is decreasing.

2. How is angular deceleration different from angular acceleration?

Angular deceleration is the opposite of angular acceleration. Angular acceleration refers to the rate at which an object's angular velocity increases over time, while angular deceleration refers to the rate at which it decreases.

3. What factors affect angular deceleration?

The main factor that affects angular deceleration is the torque applied to an object. The greater the torque, the greater the angular deceleration. Other factors include the object's moment of inertia and the direction of the applied force.

4. How is angular deceleration measured?

Angular deceleration is typically measured in radians per second squared (rad/s²) or degrees per second squared (deg/s²).

5. Can angular deceleration be negative?

Yes, angular deceleration can be negative. This would indicate that the object's angular velocity is decreasing in the opposite direction of its initial rotation. It is important to consider the direction of angular deceleration when analyzing rotational motion.