1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help real bad please

1. Nov 18, 2007 #1
    ive been trying to figure this stupid **** out the last 2 days and i cant get an answer..searched all over the internet..im sure its simple but i need to know how to do it..step by step..i already have the answers i just need to know how to get them..so please dont say do it this way n thats it..please word it and do step by step so i can understand..

fig. MC2 shows a uniform 100-cm long bar of weight F w, balanced in equilibrium on a frictionless pivot. [picture a long bar and it being balanced on the point, but the point is towards the beginning of the bar with a weight to the left of it, to keep it at equilibrium]

w=weight, ^= pivot

i know the weight of the bar acts 50 cm to the right of the pivot.

Q: what is the value of the upward reaction force on the bar at the pivot?
    a. F w
    b. 2F w
    c. 3F w
    d. 4F w

F w(weight)

Q2: what is the value of the load hanging at the left of pivot?
    a. F w
    b. 2F w
    c. 3F w
    d. 4F w

no clue how they got the numbers in front of the Fw

also..
    how do i find an upward reaction force?

also..
    different question: the motionless beam in the photo is 55 cm long and is supported at a frictionless pivot..if each of the 2 hanging objects on the left weighs 1.0N, how much does the clay way. ( a picture shows the 2 hanging objects on one side is heavier than the clay(which is high in the air).. i know the answer is 1.0 N but whats the equations

please help..i got instant messenger if better

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted