I need help to fix a Quantum Espresso installation error in Linux

In summary: I'm now able to proceed with the installation process.In summary, it seems that the error in installation was caused by a bug in the script which changed the directory name from "Quantum Espresso" to "Espresso". By removing the space from the directory name, the installation was successful.
ramana3797
TL;DR Summary
i keep getting the same error on installation, can someone help me
I'm a M.Sc physics student and I need to use quantum espresso for my research project . I tried the same procedure I used to install it on the system at home as I did for the one at the College but i keep getting the same error . I can't find why . I'm also new to linux .
I'm using ubuntu and I have installed the other libraries. it shows that configure is successful but the make all command shows error.
i attached the terminal content in a text file. it would be really helpful if you could give some suggestions

Attachments

• error.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 119
Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't have any experience with the software you are installing, but it could help others (who know about this software) understand the issue better if you provided the following:
  1. What is the error you are getting?
  2. What is the "procedure"? You should mention the steps you followed for installation.
  3. Which "other libraries" are you referring to? Why do you think they might be related to this software and hampering the installation?
  4. Please put the contents of the text file directly in the post. You can paste the contents within [CODE] ... [/CODE] tags (without the dots in the middle).

ramana3797 said:
Summary: i keep getting the same error on installation, can someone help me

I'm a M.Sc physics student and I need to use quantum espresso for my research project . I tried the same procedure I used to install it on the system at home as I did for the one at the College but i keep getting the same error . I can't find why . I'm also new to linux .
I'm using ubuntu and I have installed the other libraries. it shows that configure is successful but the make all command shows error.
i attached the terminal content in a text file. it would be really helpful if you could give some suggestions
It looks like a bug in the script is mangling the directory name, changing "Quantum Espresso" to " Espresso". Try removing the space from the name of the directory to work around it.

Likes berkeman and ramana3797
Wrichik Basu said:
I don't have any experience with the software you are installing, but it could help others (who know about this software) understand the issue better if you provided the following:
  1. What is the error you are getting?
  2. What is the "procedure"? You should mention the steps you followed for installation.
  3. Which "other libraries" are you referring to? Why do you think they might be related to this software and hampering the installation?
  4. Please put the contents of the text file directly in the post. You can paste the contents within [CODE] ... [/CODE] tags (without the dots in the middle).
thanks for your suggestion. I will keep it in mind for future use.

vela said:
It looks like a bug in the script is mangling the directory name, changing "Quantum Espresso" to " Espresso". Try removing the space from the name of the directory to work around it.
thank you for your help. I tried removing the space and that solved the error.

Likes berkeman and Wrichik Basu

1. What is Quantum Espresso?

Quantum Espresso is an open-source software package designed for electronic structure calculations and materials modeling in the field of computational chemistry and physics.

2. What is the most common installation error for Quantum Espresso in Linux?

The most common installation error for Quantum Espresso in Linux is related to missing dependencies or incorrect configurations.

3. How can I fix a Quantum Espresso installation error in Linux?

To fix a Quantum Espresso installation error in Linux, you can try reinstalling the software and making sure all necessary dependencies are installed. You can also check the configuration files to ensure they are set up correctly.

4. Can I get help with fixing Quantum Espresso installation errors in Linux?

Yes, there are various online forums and communities where you can ask for help with fixing Quantum Espresso installation errors in Linux. You can also consult the official documentation or contact the developers for support.

5. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of Linux to fix Quantum Espresso installation errors?

While having prior knowledge of Linux can be helpful, it is not always necessary to fix Quantum Espresso installation errors. There are step-by-step guides and resources available online that can guide you through the troubleshooting process.