1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help wiht my assignment on the physics of a drum

1. May 2, 2005 #1
    hey, i am in year 10 and i am doing an assignment on the physics of drums. if anyone knows anything that can help me that would be great. thanks.

jack (jackio_14@hotmail.com)
  2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2005 #2
    If u can pose a question I may answer that. What's ur problem?
  4. May 2, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Here are a few websites about physics of drums, to get you started..
    (jusk click on the blue underlined text to see the reference). You can also find more using your favorite search engine with keywords "drums" and "physics".

Animations showing the various modes of a vibrating circular membrane (drum).. This one illustrates some nice animations of modes of resonance for a drum.

how about standing waves in a drum membrane.. This one goes into some basic equations for standing waves of a drum.

How about one on the science of drums ..
    Here are a few topics they go into: Intro to Drums, Physics of the Drum, Resonant Energy Transfer/Resonance, Drums and their Pitches, Tuning of Drums.

Hope some of these websites may be helpful. :wink:
  5. May 8, 2005 #4

thanks sooo much u saved me
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?