1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B I NEED HELP WITH A MATH PROBLEM THAT'S

1. Dec 15, 2016 #1
    I don't know of I'm posting this in the right place but I'll see if I get an answer.

My math problem says- As a participant in the BCTC Fitness challenge, Mrs. Bailey has decided to increase her bike riding time. She is committed to riding her bike at a constant rate of 24 kilometers per hour. She has calculated that while riding for 3 minutes, she burns 10 calories.

Part A: If she burns 40 calories during her ride, how many miles has she traveled?

Part B: If after a long meeting, a client treats her to a Peppermint Mocha espresso from Starbucks (total calories: 440), how many Miles would she have to ride?

I need help today because it is due tomorrow. I also want to know how you found the answer to a and b's problems.
    Thank you!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted