What is the Best Way to Approach Personal Questions in a Scientific Setting?

• Thread starter blackcat
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a man who is 23 and is not happy with his relationships. He is considering going on Dr Phil to get help.
Moonbear said:
So, anyway, if it's about anatomical, medical or relationshipical type stuff, don't assume some of us "old" folks don't know enough to help.

Seconded. I'm only slightly more than twice the age that you specified. Moonbear and I will be more than glad to put on an educational puppet show for you.

Physics news on Phys.org
wow i didnt think this would get so many replies. i don't really want to say my questions here because its kind of embarrassing even though no one knows me in real life.

anyway, yes i am male, and no its nothing medical or relationship wise.

and i chose 23 to be the limit for no real reason. i thought older people would have slightly different views which would put them off from answering my questions.

anyway i got 2 replies, but i am interesting in more views, so ill pm some of you guyz later.

ps: i am really sorry for my pathetic grammar and spelling in this post.

blackcat said:
ps: i am really sorry for my pathetic grammar and spelling in this post.

Don't sweat it; you're ahead of the average on that... other than your apparent inability to find your 'shift' key. :biggrin:

blackcat said:
wow i didnt think this would get so many replies. i don't really want to say my questions here because its kind of embarrassing even though no one knows me in real life.

You posted on a site full of scientists. We're naturally curious people :biggrin:

shhh... http://theworldsbiggestsecret.myfreeforum.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger said:
Don't sweat it; you're ahead of the average on that... other than your apparent inability to find your 'shift' key. :biggrin:
but i thought on the internet the standard was to not capitalise. i find it more aesthetically pleasing rather than reading harsh upper case letters.

Kurdt said:
You posted on a site full of scientists. We're naturally curious people :biggrin:
i suppose. but still.

anyway i have sent out some pms to people who wanted them. if i forgot you, sorry, it was a mistake. if you're really bothered then tell me i will ask you. but i think I've asked enough people now to get a good representation of views.

Only PM me the salacious details. Spare me the heart-aches&breaks. :smile:

blackcat said:
but i thought on the internet the standard was to not capitalise. i find it more aesthetically pleasing rather than reading harsh upper case letters.
We encourage correct usage of English here. This is especially important because we have many non-native-English speakers here who can benefit from as many examples of correct usage as possible. It also makes it easier for everyone to understand what everyone else is saying if we all attempt to use our best spelling and grammar. We don't have any grammar police, but if everyone tries, it just makes it that much easier to understand each other.

blackcat said:
i would consider all of you quite intelligent. so i need to ask a question on some... personal matters. please can someone who is MALE below 23 years old who isn't afraid of being asked a personal question please reply to this thread. or please pm me.

I'm 34, but I have not matured in 2 decades and my door's always open. :rofl:

Fine. I will type like this from now on, but it looks horrible.

And sorry guys I've asked enough people. But if you really want to participate you can PM me.

I didn't really want to help you; just looking for an excuse to break out the puppets again. :redface:

Anybody else have to use scientific notation? :tongue2:

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :mad: :mad:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: