Why is My Creative Fatality Headset Making Strange Sounds?

• Thread starter DaxInvader
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has a problem with their Creative Fatality headphones, where they work fine for playing music but produce a horrible sound when using Ventrilo or the microphone mixer. This sound is described as squeaking like a robot. The issue also occurs with certain sounds in IE and Steam, but not with MSN. The speaker has updated all drivers and is using Vista Basic Family Edition. They express frustration and suggest sticking with Bose headphones instead.
DaxInvader
HI .. i know its not the ultimate best forum to talk about this.. But i have this problem that if i don't find a solution.. Ill break something.

I bought those headphones.. Creative Fatality.. (http://www.fatal1ty.com/products/hardware/#headset) and they seems to work fine...

EXCEPT!

I hear sounds and all.. can play music BUT when I`m using Ventrilo.. Or put the microphone mixer( to hear my voice in my headphone speakers..) its a HORRIBLE sound that comes out! like squeaking my voice like a robot! Everybody hears me well.. But not Myself! Some types of sounds also do that like the *clicks* in IE (Internet Explorer) qhen you press back or etc.. Steam chat sounds also.. But Msn is spared.. (Thank God!) But please help me!

I updated all drivers and I am using vista basic family edition.

oh please help..

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do yourself a favor and stick with Bose headsets :)

1. Why is my Creative Fatality headset making strange sounds?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a loose connection, damaged cable, or even a software issue. It is recommended to try troubleshooting steps such as checking the connections, updating the drivers, and testing the headset on a different device to determine the root cause.

2. How can I fix the strange sounds coming from my Creative Fatality headset?

If the issue is caused by a loose connection, try unplugging and plugging the headset back in. If that does not work, check the cables for any damage and replace them if necessary. Updating the headset drivers and firmware may also help resolve the issue. If none of these solutions work, it is recommended to contact Creative customer support for further assistance.

3. Is it normal for a Creative Fatality headset to make strange sounds?

No, it is not normal for a headset to make strange sounds. If you are experiencing this issue, it could be due to a hardware or software problem. It is best to troubleshoot the issue to determine the cause and find a solution.

4. Can software updates cause my Creative Fatality headset to make strange sounds?

Yes, software updates can sometimes cause issues with the headset, including strange sounds. If you recently updated your computer or the headset's drivers and started experiencing this issue, try rolling back the updates or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance.

5. How can I prevent my Creative Fatality headset from making strange sounds in the future?

To prevent this issue, make sure to handle the headset with care and avoid pulling or twisting the cables. Regularly updating the drivers and firmware can also help prevent software-related issues. If you notice any strange sounds, try troubleshooting the issue immediately to prevent it from getting worse.