Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help with Excel

1. Dec 12, 2014 #1
    Hi,
    I need help to add an exponential trendline on my graph. I have three graphs and I have succeeded with the first one but somehow the exponential trendline will not show on the two other graphs even though I have selected the option multiple times. I also tried to re-do the graph in a new document but it did not work...
    Please help me :)

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2014 #2

Doug Huffman

Gold Member

M$ Excel is a for-profit product, so that anyone that has developed expertise will expect to recoup their costs.

I suggest a Free Open Source Software alternative in OpenOffice/LibreOffice, their Calc application (VERY similar to Excel), and their extensive documentation and on-line help. Indeed, they are so similar that on-line help may suffice.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

4. Dec 15, 2014 #3
    Seems like a shot with closed eyes. Unless it has confidential data, you should share the .xlsx at least.

I agree, at least partially, with Doug. Based on my own experience, unless you need PowerPoint all the time (or Publisher, or OneNote, or whatever-libreoffice-does-not-offer), you could give it a try. I see a good amount of people around me making the change and liking it. Word to Writer and Excel to Calc are really easy changes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook