Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help with my Torque project

1. Nov 30, 2007 #1

dur

Please if any one can help me with my torque project. I need some subjects, and pecturs to finsh it. This is my first project to do, and I hope that well done. I look on the physic's site, but I afraid of any matter appropriately chosen.
    Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2007 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Hello, Dur. Unfortunately, there is a bit of a communications gap here. I don't quite understand what you mean by a 'torque project'. If it means what I think it does, then a simple manual transmission would be a logical approach. You can get all of the pictures and descriptions that you need from a shop manual.

4. Nov 30, 2007 #3

dur

Hi Danger, I have to do a project for my physic's professor, and my project about the torque, so I think I need some pectures, and a good subjects to make my project very good. I'm studying a College Physics . Danger, can you pease tell me here is the shop manual ?

5. Nov 30, 2007 #4

Danger

Gold Member

I'm still not sure what it is that you're trying to accomplish. My impression is that you're dealing with torque multiplication through pulleys, gearing, etc.. That's why I suggested a manual transmission as an object of study.
    A shop manual is a 'how-to' guide for mechanics, and is specific to a particular model or series of vehicles. Since I don't know where you live, I can't say as to where you can get one easily. Your local library or school auto mechanics shop might have one. In my case, I just borrow one from my mechanic and photocopy the pages that I need.
    You could also go to 'How Stuff Works' (.com). They have an excellent section on how gears work.

6. Dec 1, 2007 #5

dur

Hi Danger, I'm trying to accomplish a physics project, and my subject is torque . Thees is the subject I have to work with it. I'm a college student ,and I live on Mississippi state (U.S.A). My subject not about the mechanics ,its about Torque= arm lever. force (T=RF).
    I need some Torque's subjects, and pictures to paste it on my project poster.
    Thank you

7. Dec 1, 2007 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You should not be using PF this way. You're almost asking for us to do this work for you. It is STILL your project.

Narrow down what you want to do. Come up with some ideas. THEN if you don't understand any part of that idea, that is when you make use of PF and ask specific question.

Please read the PF Guidelines. Members here are NOT allowed to simply give out answers or do the work for students seeking help.

Zz.

8. Dec 1, 2007 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Dur, it appears that my misunderstanding of your problem cost you several hours of your project time. My apologies for that.
    As ZapperZ pointed out, though, this is something that you have to try on your own. To start with, anything that you need to know should be in your course material. Review your textbooks and notes. If you hit serious snags in your understanding or practical approach, we can guide you. We can't do the work for you.

9. Dec 1, 2007 #8

dur

Hi ZapperZ, I'm not ask to do ma work, my question is how can I find the good subject to start doing my physics project........thank you

Hi danger, thank you
    My regard

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?