1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help with quantum physics

1. Apr 1, 2010 #1
    Hi, im just a teenager but im very interested and dedicated to learning quantum physics, i want to be a theoretical physicist or astrophysicist, something like that. But im trying to learn as much as I can using books, tv, and the internet mostly. Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, im not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more. And I am also looking into certain colleges if anyone has any comments on that.

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2010 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're asking someone to... teach you physics? That's too broad a request.

- Warren

4. Apr 6, 2010 #3
    That's what this forum is for !

5. Apr 6, 2010 #4

SpectraCat

Science Advisor

Okie dokie ... so start asking questions!

6. Apr 6, 2010 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Don't ask to ask, just ask!

The most effective way to use this forum is to ask specific questions, preferably on something that you've tried to understand (i.e. you've made an attempt first) but still have problems with. This way, it doesn't degenerate into a full-blown lesson on a general topic, which is almost impossible to do on a public forum such as this. So ask your question, and indicate that you already know or attempted to understand, and where exactly you don't.

Zz.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook