I with this prob fast please

• Thread starter LuvIz4ever
  • Start date
In summary, the problem involves four displacement vectors, A, B, C, and D, with varying magnitudes and directions. To find the magnitude and direction (in respect to west) of the resultant vector, one can use the pythagorean theorem or consider the net displacement in each direction. It is helpful to make a diagram with proportional vector arrows and to clearly state what was attempted and what is causing confusion.
LuvIz4ever
I am a beginner in physiscs and i am soo confused...

Prob:
Diaplacement vectorA points due east and has a magnitude of 2 km and dissplacement vector B points due north and has a magnitude of 3.75km. Displacement vector C points due west and has a magnitude of 2.5 km and displacement vector d points due south with a magnitude of 3 km. Find the magnitude and direction ( in respect to west) of the resultant vector a+b+c+d

Physics news on Phys.org
Make a diagram, draw vectors as arrows. Try to make their arrows proportional to their magnitude.

You could even think of it this way,if you go east 2km, and then west 2.5 km, than you know you went west .5 km, and then north 3.75, south 3km, therefore in total you went west .5km and north .75 km.

Now, you can even use the pythagorean theorem to solve this...

Next time, PLEASE try to say what you tried to do, what didn't work, and why you are confused. It would help greatly.

Ok Thank you! so much!

1. Can you help me solve this problem quickly?

As a scientist, I am trained to approach problems systematically and efficiently. I will do my best to assist you in finding a fast solution to your problem.

2. How long will it take to find a solution?

The length of time it takes to find a solution will depend on the complexity of the problem and the resources available. As a scientist, I will work diligently to find a solution as quickly as possible.

3. What information do you need from me to solve this problem?

In order to solve a problem, it is important to have all relevant information available. This may include any supporting data, background information, and specific details about the problem. I will guide you on what information is necessary to help find a solution.

4. Are there any potential risks or limitations to the proposed solution?

As a scientist, I am trained to consider all potential risks and limitations of a proposed solution. I will carefully evaluate and communicate any potential drawbacks to ensure the best possible outcome.

5. What can I do to help facilitate the problem-solving process?

Your active participation and communication are crucial in the problem-solving process. Be open and honest about your needs and provide any relevant information or resources that may be helpful. Together, we can work towards finding a fast and effective solution.