1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help with this problem

1. Jan 30, 2007 #1
    9-t/3-squared t x 3 + square t/3+square t

i get on top 27+9square t -3t-t square t/9-3square t- 3 square t + t

i forgot what happens when u rationa,ize sqaure roots like this

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2007 #2
    i need help man, any one know how to add square roots such as 3 square root 5 + 3 square root 7,

4. Jan 30, 2007 #3
    this doesn't make sense because whenever i plug in the 9 i get 3 and the answer is 6, it doesn't make sense.

5. Jan 30, 2007 #4
    What does the first post say, it's not clear?

6. Jan 31, 2007 #5

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Actually NONE of these make sense!
    If you aren't going to use Latex at least use parentheses to clarify- and "t^2" is clearer than "square t".
    I think you mean (9- 3t)/(3-3t^2)+ t^2/(t^2+3). Can you factor 3-3t^2? Get the lowest common denominator and add.

[itex]3\sqrt{5}+ 3\sqrt{7}[/itex]? About the only thing you can do is factor out the three: [itex]3(\sqrt{5}+ \sqrt{7})[/itex]. There is no way to "add square roots" of different numbers.

Plug 9 into what? What are you talking about?

7. Feb 1, 2007 #6
    i figured this one out already, i didn't mean 3 squared i meant the square root of 3

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?