1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need help

1. Sep 1, 2003 #1
    I need help!!!

I am practicing out of my book and this problem is killing me.

Given the following equation, choose the best scale for the axes for x = 10, 20, and 30

y = 2x – 3

A) x-axis: from 0 to 80, intervals every 20; y-axis: from 0 to 40, intervals every 10.
    B) x-axis: from 0 to 15, intervals every 10; y-axis: from 0 to 40, intervals every 20
    C) x-axis: from 0 to 40, intervals every 10; y-axis: from 0 to 80, intervals every 10
    D) x-axis: from 20 to 40, intervals every 5; y-axis: from 27 to 80, intervals every 40

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2003 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

For each of A, B, C, D, see what y is for the smallest and largest given values of x. Are those values included in the suggested values for y?

4. Sep 1, 2003 #3
    I am not sure of what you are asking? Can you please elaborate.

5. Sep 1, 2003 #4

FZ+

Work out the x and y coordinates for each of the values of x you are given, and think how much detail you want to just fit them, and have the right resolution.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?