1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Need Help!

1. Feb 6, 2005 #1
    OK i really dont get this...and it is due tomorrow! No...im not procrastinating, i have really been trying all week! Im in 7th grade so please help me in "my language" so i can understand! Here is the problem, i just dont kno how to figure it out!
    You want to go to a concert performed by your favorite musician. Unfortunatly, you could not get tickets before the concert sold out. You have located someone that has an extra ticket and is willing to sell it to you. They begin by asking $100 for the ticket. You counter by offering $50. The seller always counters by asking the average of the two offers. You always counter by the average of your previous offer and the seller's new offer. What price will you two finally agree upon?
    PLEASE help!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

How would you think of tackling this problem...??

Read the "sticky" in the top of the list of threads.You have to show us some of your work,b4 asking for help.

Daniel.

4. Feb 6, 2005 #3
    Well i think I just keep averaging but im not sure

5. Feb 6, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And what would the final answer be...?

Daniel.

6. Feb 6, 2005 #5
    Well if you keep averging the final answer would be that you both agree on $67...but how do i check to make sure its right?

7. Feb 6, 2005 #6

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Because you're doing what the problem's asking,namely averaging... :rolleyes:

The exact answer is $[itex] 66.(6) [/itex] which of course can be approximated to
    $[tex] 66.66 [/tex]

Daniel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?