Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need some bibliography

1. Oct 10, 2005 #1
    Hi,

I'm looking for books about the Feymann's Path integrals for QM, which books can you recommend me? or which web site could be useful

Thanks for your time and attention.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2005 #2

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In non-relativistic quantum mechanics, a good introduction can be found in Modern Quantum Mechanics by Sakurai, but most applications of the path integral are probably related to quantum field theory. A rather very readable book based upon that approach is QFT in a nutshell by Zee. There's also Ramonds (?) book "a tutorial on field theory" or something (typing from memory here) which is based upon the path integral formalism. And there must be many others I'm not aware of.

cheers,
    Patrick.

4. Oct 10, 2005 #3
    you cn refer .." quarks leptons & gauge fields" by kerson huang ....it's wonderful ...hope u'll like it

5. Oct 10, 2005 #4

Physics Monkey

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

"Techniques and Applications of Path Integration" by L. Schulman

A great book all about path integrals and the many places they appear.

6. Oct 10, 2005 #5

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Yes, I recommend that one too. From the easiest to the most recherche.

7. Oct 11, 2005 #6

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Try the one & only : Feynman & Hibbs :"Path Integrals and Quantum Mechanics".

QFT made using path integrals only is found in Pierre Ramond's "Field Theory: A Modern Primer" and D.Bailin and A. Love's "Introduction to Gauge Field Theory".

Daniel.

8. Oct 11, 2005 #7

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's the reference I tried to recall (and butched up dearly :blushing:)

cheers,
    Patrick.

9. Oct 11, 2005 #8

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I have Ramond's book too. It is very clear and step by step, but it does assume some maturity with the functional approach.

10. Oct 14, 2005 #9
    All right, thank you all

Hi,

Thank you for all your replies, but as I live in Mexico it wil be kinda hard to get those books, I hope I could find them in Amazon and if you know of another service I would thank you again a lot.
    All right, thanks for your time and your attention

LGNR

11. Oct 14, 2005 #10

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Feynmann & Hibbs is long out of print; try abebooks.com. I generally look the book title and author name up on google to find who sells it and shop for a good price.

12. Oct 15, 2005 #11

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

13. Oct 16, 2005 #12
    Hey Transport, glad you posted that link, I just ordered a copy ;) Yes, go to the source, I say! Feynman and Hibbs is excellent and well worth the price. I would also recommend Feynman's Lectures on Physics, Volume III, which is not specifically concerned with his path integral technique per se; nevertheless, there are enough shared concepts between his Lectures and the Feynman and Hibbs text that the Lectures, imho, serve as a useful introduction to the more complex text.
    David

14. Oct 18, 2005 #13
    an excellent book

"Path Integrals in Quantum Mechanics Statistics and Polymer Physics"
    written by Hagen Kleinert
    A lot of knowledge about "Path Integral" could be acquired from his homepage.
    Link:
    http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~kleinert/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?