I need some help with some problems

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses two problems related to motion and acceleration. The first problem involves two cars meeting at a specific distance on a highway while the second problem involves a woman trying to catch a bus that is moving with a constant acceleration. The conversation also mentions attempted solutions for both problems, but further assistance is needed.
Kadaj
I can't seem to figure these problems if anyone can give me the concept and start me off that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Problem one: A car is traveling at a constant speed of 27 m/s on a highway. At the instant this car passes an entrance ramp, a second car enters the highway from the ramp. The second car starts from rest and has a constant acceleration. What acceleration must it maintain so that the two cars meet for the first time at the next exit which is 1.8 km away?

Problem two: A bus stop to pick up riders. A woman is running at a constant velocity of +5.0 m/s in an attempt to catch the bus When she is 11 m from the bus, it pulls away with a constant acceleration of +1.0 m/s^2. From this point, how much time does it take her to reach the bus if she keeps running with the same velocity?

*edit* oh and let me show you what i did so far

ok for problem one i drew a picture to visualize this and somehow came up with .405 m/s^2. I think what i did was found out the time it took to get to 1800 m with 27 m/s as its velocity and got seconds and after i did 27/66.7(which was the result from what i did previously)

with problem two i did: x=Vot+1/2at^2

and got 1.86 s which i know is wrong =(

any help would be fine thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh i replied to you in the other forum.

1. What kind of problems do you need help with?

As a scientist, I am trained to solve a wide range of problems. These can include mathematical, experimental, theoretical, and practical problems related to my field of expertise.

2. How do you approach problem-solving?

My approach to problem-solving involves carefully analyzing the problem, breaking it down into smaller components, and using scientific methods and techniques to find a solution. I also rely on critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration with other scientists.

3. Can you help with problems outside of your field?

While my expertise lies in a specific scientific field, I am always willing to lend my problem-solving skills to other areas. However, I may not have a deep understanding of the subject matter, so my approach may be more generalized.

4. How long does it usually take you to solve a problem?

The time it takes to solve a problem varies depending on its complexity and the resources available. Some problems can be solved quickly, while others may require extensive research and experimentation. As a scientist, I am committed to finding the most accurate and efficient solution, rather than rushing to a quick answer.

5. Can you provide assistance with ongoing problems?

Yes, I am more than willing to provide long-term assistance with ongoing problems. In fact, many scientific problems require continuous monitoring and adjustment to find the best solution. I am dedicated to helping find a resolution to any problem, no matter how long it takes.