1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need some motivation

1. Dec 9, 2008 #1
    I am doing my A-Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I am doing very well at F-Maths/Maths and physics. I'm getting 90-100% in the mock tests, but I'm just not enjoying or doing well in chemistry.

The teacher doesn't seem to have a deep understanding of the subject, so she cant answer my questions that are beyond the syllabus. I have not had a problem with revision or understanding with subjects that I enjoy, but chemistry at my school just bores me. I am considering dropping it.

I got interested in maths/physics when I read "A Brief History Of Time". I then went on to read a whole load of popular science books, and I find them all fascinating. But they were all physics/maths orientated.

Can someone recommend a good chemistry pop-science book? I'm not fussy, I think even knowledge beyond the syllabus is a motivator for me.

Any other advice/comments would be good.

Thanks

edit: I should have put this thread into the Academic Guidance section... Is there a way I can move it?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2008 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?