• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

I need to dive back in!

• Thread starter sy7321
  • Start date
Hello,

I used to be really passionate about physics and my degree fizzled out due to life problems. I need to dive back in and get interested again.

Any ideas? I keep trying to start from scratch but I think that's a poor idea.

I left off around Modern Physics / Quantum Mechanics and Differential Equations -- I should jump right back into those, right?

Looking for opinions about ways to reboot. Getting involved in a community sounds like a good start.

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
You did not give much detail. You should maybe review EVERYTHING you studied because you lost your conditioning in everything. This means, start at the beginning for all the fundamental courses, and you might need to study on your own this way for at least a couple of years. Maybe also a return to school for some courses might be more useful, if you are allowed.

Yeah, I do need to have a crash course in the fundamentals again. This is going to take real discipline. I'll need to figure out how to get the motivation.

Bystander

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Yeah, I do need to have a crash course in the fundamentals again. This is going to take real discipline. I'll need to figure out how to get the motivation.
I think you need more Feynman:

Couldn't hurt.....but you need other stuff as well.

First, you will have to define "need/motivation" for us; we can't do it all for you.
I suppose I meant that. I have to find it, nothing you can do...maybe post inspirational links but that's about it. Or a pep talk. Lol.