Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need to know abou lasers

1. Feb 4, 2006 #1
    Hi,
    I need to know about lasers. Has anyone got any websites or links describing lasers?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2006 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here is the site of a major manufacturer.

What sort of information do you need? Do you have any specific questions?

4. Feb 4, 2006 #3

Mk

5. Feb 5, 2006 #4
    Hi thanks for the info

Hi, thanks for the info.
    Well I need info in what lasers can do and how they are used and all the calculations involved in that.
    Thnaks

6. Feb 5, 2006 #5

Mk

Is this like a high school report?

7. Feb 6, 2006 #6

Claude Bile

Science Advisor

ALL the calculations? That would take someone years... entire series of textbooks are devoted to the topic of lasers.

Even the simplest equations involving lasers are of a second-year university level, so unless you are at this level, introducing and explaining any equation is most likely a futile exercise.

A basic conceptual illustration of how lasers work should not be beyond a high-school student. Check out the Mk gave you and if there is something that needs further explaining, we should be able to help.

Claude.

8. Feb 7, 2006 #7
    Ok Mk provided me some useful information. Thanks.
    Claude Bile your right we haven't got that much. I just needed to know the basic concepts and then have a little more.
    Thanks a lot

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?