1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need to rant a bit. Very frustrated.

1. Jun 21, 2005 #1
    I need to rant a bit. Very frustrated. :(

Ok, today I had my mechanics exam (2nd yr mech eng). Half solids, half dynamics. I went really well on the solids part, I reckon maybe 70%? Anyway, Im just pissed off about the dynamics part. It was hard and very different to past years.

This is the first year that Ive put in some effort and I was able to do past exams no worries. So I feel that I may have failed and the thought of this really pisses me off. I hate failing at anything.

I was hoping to do reasonably well this year so I could get some work experience over the summer holidays (Remember im down under :D ) but now I feel that no company will want me with grades like mine (I failed all subjects last sem with avg of 27).

I know there are bigger problems out there, I just felt like venting some steam, thanks for reading. :D
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2005 #2
    Where abouts in aus do you live? Where are you studing at?
  4. Jun 21, 2005 #3
    I live in Melbourne, at Melb Uni.
  5. Jun 21, 2005 #4
    I'm guessing that you did intro mech eng last year then. Not sure if it was on the exam last year but this year we got a question on sketching a family of planes and I probably missed something but it seemed like I needed to sketch around 10 cubes to draw those planes. Needless to say I didn't finish the exam(even though going into the materials section I had a lot of time remaining).

I think you should just try get over it. I did really poorly on my maths exam even though I put so much effort into learning the material and doing questions. What I'm trying to say is that you should just keep on trying and hopefully things will eventually start to go your way. That's what I'm hoping for myself anyway.
  6. Jun 21, 2005 #5
    I think theyve changed the course, I just did statics and materials.

Im over it already, I was just pissed off.

At least if I fail, I feel like its not 100% my fault. In previous years, I had done no work, but this year, I kinda knew what I was on about.

Ohwell, bring on a month of holidays!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?