Calculate Radius of Equal Mass Aluminum and Gold Spheres | Formula Included

• Thread starter mh922253
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the radius of an aluminum sphere with the same mass as a gold sphere of radius 1.70 cm. The person asking for help has tried 15 times and keeps getting an error message about significant figures. The expert suggests using 3 significant figures and using the equation for volume to solve for the unknown radius. The person finds it complicated and is going to try another method.
mh922253
hi again
i need help with this question!
One cubic meter (1.00 m3) of aluminum has a mass of 2.70×103 kg, and 1.00 m3 of gold has a mass of 1.93×104 kg. Find the radius of a aluminum sphere whose mass is the same as that of a gold sphere of radius 1.70 cm.

i tried it over 15 times every time i enter an answer, it says "Please adjust significant figures, you provided 2 significant figures"
my answer was 0.017m
what do u think...pleasezzzz help me

Physics news on Phys.org
0.017m is 2 sf. Try 3 sf, 0.0170m.

All of the information was given with 3 significant figures and its all multipliction and division to get the answer, so you should give the answer to 3 sig figs. That would make your answer .0170m instead of .017m, but I don't believe that is the correct answer. Remember that the mass is the density times the volume. So the volume of the gold sphere times the density of gold equals the volume of the aluminum sphere times the density of aluminum. Put the equations in for the volume of the spheres in terms of their radii, and solve for the unknown radius of the aluminim sphere.

it is still the wrong answer I am going to try leonhardeuler's way thanks anyways
it is so complicated i donno how to make it simpler

What is the best way to ask for desperate help?

When asking for help, it is important to be specific and provide as much detail as possible. This will help others understand your situation and provide effective solutions. It is also important to remain calm and polite when asking for help.

What type of help can I expect when I ask for desperate help?

The type of help you can expect will depend on your specific situation and the resources available. This can range from simple advice and guidance to more practical assistance. It's important to communicate your needs clearly so others can provide the most effective help.

How can I find help when I am in a desperate situation?

There are various resources available for those in need of desperate help. You can reach out to friends and family, seek assistance from community organizations, or contact a professional for specialized help. It's important to research and find the best option for your specific situation.

How can I overcome the feeling of desperation when asking for help?

Asking for help can be a difficult and vulnerable experience. It's important to remember that reaching out for help is a sign of strength, not weakness. Remind yourself that others are willing to help and that you are not alone in your struggles. It may also be helpful to practice self-care and seek support from trusted individuals.

What should I do if I am unable to find help?

If you are unable to find help, it's important to not give up and continue to seek assistance. Reach out to different resources and organizations, and consider reaching out to a professional for guidance. Remember that there is always help available, and it's important to keep trying until you find the support you need.