Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I now have

1. Apr 30, 2005 #1
    ULTIMATE SMILEY POWER! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

With help from the folks in in the Software forum, ALL THE SMILIES ARE MINE! MINE ALONE! EEEVIL! I'M EEEVIL!
    ██████████[color=000]██████████[/color]██████████
    ██████
    [color=000]████[/color]██████████[color=000]████[/color]██████
    ████
    [color=000]██[/color]████████████████[color=ff660]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]████
    ██
    [color=000]██[/color]██████████████████████[color=000]██[/color]██
    ██
    [color=000]██[/color]████[color=000]██[/color]████████[color=000]██[/color]██████[color=000]██[/color]██
    [color=000]████████[/color]████[color=000]██[/color]██[color=000]██[/color]████[color=000]████████
    ██[/color]████████[color=000]██████[/color]████[color=000]████[/color][color=ff330]██[/color]██[color=000]██
    ██[/color]██████[color=000]████[/color]██████[color=000]████[/color][color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██
    ██[/color]██████████████████████[color=cc330]██[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██
    ██[/color]██████████████[color=ff990]██[/color]██[color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=ff660]██[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██
    [/color]██[color=000]██[/color][color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=000]██[/color]████████[color=ff660]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]██[color=cc660]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]██
    ██
    [color=000]██[/color]████[color=ff660]██[/color][color=000]██████████[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=cc660]██[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]██
    ████
    [color=000]██[/color]██[color=cc660]██[/color]████[color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]████
    ██████
    [color=000]████[/color][color=ff660]██[/color][color=cc660]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color][color=cc660]██[/color][color=000]████[/color]██████
    ██████████
    [color=000]██████████[/color]██████████

████████████████████████████████
    ██████
    ██████████████████████████
    ████
    ████████████████████████████
    ████
    ██
    ██████████████████████████████
    ██
    ████
    ██████
    ██████████
    ██████████████████████

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2005 #2
    ██████
    ████
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ████
    ██████
    ██████████
    ██████████████████████

4. Apr 30, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

aren't we saying in another discussion that the :rolleyes: smiley sucks?

5. May 1, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

:cool: Do you plan those out ahead of time or fiddle as you go?

6. May 1, 2005 #5
    Those smilies look terrible and they are completely unoriginal. Now that bike you made, that was good!

7. May 1, 2005 #6
    I used to plan them out ahead of time (in Paint, in the case of the bicycle) and carefully make them, using a special technique, in Wordpad or Notepad. But now...

I wrote a program to make them for me from GIF files. I can transform any smiley or other small picture into a text image in less than five minutes start to finish (the actual program takes about two seconds, the rest of the time is getting the image and setting everything up).

Buy a new computer or change your font settings, punk. :rofl: I'm kidding. Actually, they don't look as good as they could because the version of Java that I have apparently is only configured to work with GIF files, which have less color information. I may alter the program to work with .BMP files at some time in the future.

As for originality, well, whatever. :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?