Ultimate Smiley Power: EEEVIL!

• Thread starter BicycleTree
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Power
In summary, the conversation is about someone who has created a program to transform smilies and other small pictures into text images. They used to make them manually but now use their program. The quality of the text images depends on the computer and font settings, and there are plans to expand the program to work with different file types. The conversation also touches on the originality of the smilies.
BicycleTree
ULTIMATE SMILEY POWER! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

With help from the folks in in the Software forum, ALL THE SMILIES ARE MINE! MINE ALONE! EEEVIL! I'M EEEVIL!
██████████[color=000]██████████[/color]██████████
██████
[color=000]████[/color]██████████[color=000]████[/color]██████
████
[color=000]██[/color]████████████████[color=ff660]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]████
██
[color=000]██[/color]██████████████████████[color=000]██[/color]██
██
[color=000]██[/color]████[color=000]██[/color]████████[color=000]██[/color]██████[color=000]██[/color]██
[color=000]████████[/color]████[color=000]██[/color]██[color=000]██[/color]████[color=000]████████
██[/color]████████[color=000]██████[/color]████[color=000]████[/color][color=ff330]██[/color]██[color=000]██
██[/color]██████[color=000]████[/color]██████[color=000]████[/color][color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██
██[/color]██████████████████████[color=cc330]██[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██
██[/color]██████████████[color=ff990]██[/color]██[color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=ff660]██[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██
[/color]██[color=000]██[/color][color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=000]██[/color]████████[color=ff660]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]██[color=cc660]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]██
██
[color=000]██[/color]████[color=ff660]██[/color][color=000]██████████[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=cc660]██[/color][color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]██
████
[color=000]██[/color]██[color=cc660]██[/color]████[color=ff660]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color][color=000]██[/color]████
██████
[color=000]████[/color][color=ff660]██[/color][color=cc660]██[/color]██[color=ff330]██[/color][color=cc660]██[/color][color=000]████[/color]██████
██████████
[color=000]██████████[/color]██████████

████████████████████████████████
██████
██████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████████
████
██
██████████████████████████████
██
████
██████
██████████
██████████████████████

Physics news on Phys.org
██████
████
██
██
██
████
██████
██████████
██████████████████████

aren't we saying in another discussion that the :rolleyes: smiley sucks?

:cool: Do you plan those out ahead of time or fiddle as you go?

Those smilies look terrible and they are completely unoriginal. Now that bike you made, that was good!

honestrosewater said:
:cool: Do you plan those out ahead of time or fiddle as you go?
I used to plan them out ahead of time (in Paint, in the case of the bicycle) and carefully make them, using a special technique, in Wordpad or Notepad. But now...

I wrote a program to make them for me from GIF files. I can transform any smiley or other small picture into a text image in less than five minutes start to finish (the actual program takes about two seconds, the rest of the time is getting the image and setting everything up).

mattmns said:
Those smilies look terrible and they are completely unoriginal. Now that bike you made, that was good!
Buy a new computer or change your font settings, punk. :rofl: I'm kidding. Actually, they don't look as good as they could because the version of Java that I have apparently is only configured to work with GIF files, which have less color information. I may alter the program to work with .BMP files at some time in the future.

As for originality, well, whatever. :yuck:

1. What is "Ultimate Smiley Power: EEEVIL!"?

"Ultimate Smiley Power: EEEVIL!" is a scientific experiment designed to study the effects of positive and negative emotions on individuals and their behavior.

2. How does the experiment work?

The experiment involves exposing participants to positive and negative stimuli, such as happy and angry emojis, and measuring their reactions and behavior. This data is then analyzed to better understand the impact of emotions on decision making and social interactions.

3. What is the purpose of the experiment?

The purpose of "Ultimate Smiley Power: EEEVIL!" is to gain a deeper understanding of how emotions influence human behavior and decision making. This research can have practical applications in fields such as psychology, marketing, and public policy.

4. Who can participate in the experiment?

Anyone who is interested and meets the requirements for participation can take part in the experiment. This may include age, gender, and other demographic factors that are relevant to the study.

5. What are the potential benefits of the experiment?

The findings of this experiment can contribute to a better understanding of human emotions and their impact on behavior. This can lead to the development of strategies and interventions to promote positive emotions and mitigate the negative effects of emotions in various settings.