Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I obviously broke a rule

1. Apr 23, 2008 #1
    so i would like to say sorry, and in order to remain within the bounds of PF law, could the person that deleted my request for download thread tell me what exactly i did wrong... just through PM if that is preferred.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you were asking for material which is copyrighted, then this will be the grounds for which your thread was deleted.
  4. Apr 23, 2008 #3
    I don't think so
    I actually stumbled upon the URL from the resources sub forum located right here.

when i posted the thread, i got a warning saying i could not submit url's if i had less than 15 posts... so i replaced the : in http : // with a space... could that be it?
  5. Apr 23, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The 15 post restriction was put in place recently to prevent spam posts, it is unlikely that your thread was deleted for that reason. If you 'double posted' the URL, i.e. if you just simply copied the original post verbatim without adding anything new or without asking a question, then it is likely your thread was deleted as a double post. However, I'm sure that the mentor who deleted your thread will contact you shortly and explain why your thread was deleted.
  6. Apr 23, 2008 #5
    gravy, thanks.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?