Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Passed My Test

1. Apr 6, 2006 #1
    I Passed My Test!!!!!

Today the Zoobie Brush Mobile successfully passed the California State Smog test.

If it hadn't it could have meant retirement for the prehistoric little truck, but since it did pass, it's good for at least another couple years.

I bought it used for $1000 sometime in the 1990's of the last century, and it has born up remarkably well all this time. The people who owned it before me all must have taken very good care of it.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2006 #2
    My art teacher in high school had an old pickup trick he painted himself. It was all different colors and had pictures on it. Another time he had it covered in pots and pans. Another time sea shells. :uhh:

4. Apr 6, 2006 #3
    That's cruelty to vehicles.

5. Apr 6, 2006 #4

dav2008

Gold Member

I saw a Mystery Machine the other day.

6. Apr 6, 2006 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

I see mystery machines about once a year...I don't know why poeple deface their own car like that...

7. Apr 7, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When I was in college, there was someone who had a car on campus that was covered in...well...stuff. It seemed if there was a plastic toy of something, it was glued to the car. I'd bet it didn't get very good mileage with all that stuff glued to it. Might have been an art student. Then again, maybe not. The art students were all striving for individuality in the same way. :uhh:

8. Apr 7, 2006 #7
    Congrates on passing the test! They did away with them here, cause so many people driver older cars, and it was too easy to slip a 20 to the guy at the station and "pass" it.

9. Apr 7, 2006 #8
    My perception is that California has been completely serious about reducing air pollution from cars, and if there was ever any sort of problem with smog stations taking bribes it was eliminated. I've never heard of anyone being able to pass that way. You can't bribe cops in a NY/Chicago way here either, nor any government employees. In Tijuana, however, just 20 miles south, it's a different world.

10. Apr 9, 2006 #9

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ride a bike instead.

- Warren

11. Apr 9, 2006 #10
    Yes that's what FEMA is using now instead mobile homes.

12. Apr 9, 2006 #11

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Eh?

- Warren

13. Apr 9, 2006 #12
    I figured it out - it's a joke! Well, not a very good one. The attempted humor is about mobile homes being slow.

14. Apr 9, 2006 #13

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know about you, but even in modest traffic, I'm actually much faster on a bike than in a car.

- Warren

15. Apr 9, 2006 #14
    Not bikes... mobile homes.

ehh... it's lame either way.

16. Apr 9, 2006 #15
    I'm working up to it. You have no idea how out of shape I am. Anyway, I've been taking several short walks a day, like a mile round trip, 3 - 4 times a day. Eventually I'll dust off the old Zoobie Brushcycle, and start taking that out for short runs.

17. Apr 9, 2006 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And it shows! :yuck: I really hated getting stuck behind the smog machines on the roads in MI. Though, they weren't much better in Cincinnati. OH has an e-check that's supposed to inspect emissions, but I don't think they checked very carefully (and they were talking about doing away with it when I was leaving too...just what we need, to go backward with pollution control rather than forward).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?