Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I really shouldn't post things while drunk.

1. Sep 6, 2005 #1

matthyaouw

Gold Member

And yet, here I am. Luckily I manage to delete most stupid things before I\ manage to click 'submit'. What are the worst posts you've written while under the influence of something intoxicating? Or perhaps just the worst things (or most interesting things) you've done? Do tell me. I'll most likely post something tomorrow when it doesn't take great amount of effort to type coherently.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2005 #2
    don't worry, i've done it a few times myself... "a drunk man says what a sober man thinks", anyway.

cheers!

4. Sep 7, 2005 #3

DM

For he needs courage?

5. Sep 7, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Heehee, two of my favorite drunk quotes, attributed to Hemingway:

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Following that advice, I once bought someone 101 ping pong balls for their birthday. Well, I bought 102 (17 packages of 6) but kept one for myself. It did teach me to keep my mouth shut, or rather, not to get drunk. :approve:

6. Sep 7, 2005 #5

EL

Science Advisor

I have some comfort in: "What you don't remember has not happened"

7. Sep 7, 2005 #6

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I'm not so sure about that... I think it's more along the lines of: What you don't remember, you will have recounted to you several times in a mocking tone by all who witnessed.

8. Sep 7, 2005 #7

EL

Science Advisor

No no, they are just lying...

9. Sep 7, 2005 #8

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Actually, I like your view better... :biggrin:

10. Sep 7, 2005 #9

EL

Science Advisor

It has saved me from a lot of anxiety! :rolleyes:

11. Sep 7, 2005 #10
    that all depends on the man... if it works for you, then i guess it does. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?