I really wish it were April 1st.

• Thread starter Argentum Vulpes
  • Start date
turbo
Gold Member
Doesn't everyone use the facilities prior to boarding now? If you don't, I must assume your flight has never been delayed.
I have had delays on feeder flights that lasted longer than the entire scheduled itinerary. Even if you don't have to go, GO!

Argentum Vulpes
I have NO idea what your beef is about. 300 pounds of excess anything requires more fuel to accelerate and keep in the air. It is a very small percentage of the total fuel, but it is one of those amounts that gets multiplied a thousand-fold over a month.

It's not a requirement, it's not even a "plea," it's a request and it's an experiment that will last a month.

So your problem is, what....?

"These environmentalist whackos are at it again! What's next? Will we have to leave our blood behind? What's next? Will we be allowed to bring our clothes? What's next? Will we be forces to shave our heads? What's next? Are they going to ask us to give up our freedom? What's next? blah blah blah..."
No this is not some slippery slope we are going to be in a prison state argument. This is a use some bloody common sense argument. And I am a bit offended by you jumping to that conclusion, then again it is hard to read sarcasm in a internet post.

I'm willing to bet that All Nippon Airways is wanting to cut its bottom line by having to empty the waste holding tanks less, or by having less in the tanks not having to pay as large of a waste disposal fee.

My beef is that they are doing something to save them money but are too afraid to just come out and say it. So lets come up with some quasi sounding way to help the environment to get all of the people out there to to do what the corporation wants. My hat off to All Nippon Airways for creativity, but lets stop saying stuff is for the environment when it is for the bottom line.

Also the next time you are in your car don't use any extraneous electrical components; headlights, radio, climate control blowers, windshield wipers, ect. All of that extra load on the alternator will use up more gas. (In reality you are using only about half a horse of power, so only oz's of savings per tank load.)

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Doesn't everyone use the facilities prior to boarding now? If you don't, I must assume your flight has never been delayed.
That's what I was thinking! As soon as they announce the first boarding call for the "elite" passengers, I make my last bathroom run. I never know how long it'll be before they allow us to get up out of those seats again. It doesn't help, the cabin pressure changes or something always stimulate my bladder excessively in aircraft, and even using the restroom just before boarding, I still need to use it again as soon as the fasten seatbelts sign is turned off (or usually before...there have been a few times that I've just had to ignore that sign and take my chances of using the restroom before it was turned off).