Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I, Robot

1. Jul 22, 2004 #1
    I saw I, Robot last night. I haven't yet read the book, so I can't say whether it has much to do with the book or not. But it was definitely better than I expected. Nice action scenes, an okay story, and the robots were done very well. I'd say it was worth my AU$9.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2004 #2
    How was Will Smith?

The movie looks cool, but since I'm not a regular movie goer I'll probably wait until the DVD comes out.

4. Jul 22, 2004 #3
    Will Smith was ok. I think he's quite charismatic. But this particular role didn't call for a huge amount of acting, just lots of action.

5. Jul 22, 2004 #4
    Susan Calvin was way messed up in this movie. In the books, shes the tough as nails robopsycholigist that would likely go off with a gun and shoot all the stupid people. In the movie, she was just some chick...

6. Jul 22, 2004 #5
    I plan to read it soon, when I can find it. Our books are not ordered very well.

7. Jul 23, 2004 #6
    Will is quite a character. On the Tonight Show he came out dancing to the music.

He's intelligent too. MIT sent him an application form, but he rejected it to pursue a career in Hip Hop.

I use to be a big an of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (A popular sitcom).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?