I saw the movie Sunshine

I saw the movie Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle in 2007 and I wasn't extremely impressed (mostly due to my ignorance and immaturity) but I watched it today just out of pure fascination of how the movie intertwines fate, science, art, and humanity into one beautiful journey and I absolutely loved it. If you haven't seen it, go and get it (not at Blockbuster they just went bankrupt) the movie is absolutely mesmerizing. Here is a trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

the whole premise of the movie is complete nonsense and for that reason I don't think I could ever stand to watch it.

cronxeh
Gold Member

I thought the premise was to get laid.. we talking about the same movie?

In a time of revolution, in a family torn by tradition, one man was consumed by love.
Ah I see.. I am of course talking about http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145503/" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Movies that appear nonsensical usually hold a strain of uniqueness, to me that is a quality of a great movie. For instance Donnie Darko and The Prestige were great movies about a Schizophrenic and two competing magicians.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

I thought Sunshine was beautifully done. The story was weak, but the special effects were fantastic.

Last edited:

I watched a bit of it on TV and all I really remember was watching one of the final scenes and thinking "wtf is going on?" (due to the way they edited it, I think, it was really hard to tell what was happening...unless I'm confusing it with another movie)

Anyways, who needs special effects when you can get actual images of the sun

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Anyways, who needs special effects when you can get actual images of the sun
Well, I guess one would have to have an appreciation for the artistic use of imagery.

Normally I could care less about special effects, but Sunshine was truly a work of art, imo.

i remember watching this, but i think i must have missed the ending. kinda meh, ok but not great.

fwiw, i just loooove strange films, but by strange i mean Being John Malkovitch