Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Saw YOU At The Swap Meet!

1. Sep 23, 2006 #1
    I've found I can't always get away from PF by leaving the computer and going to the swap meet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2006 #2
    :rofl: :rofl:

4. Sep 23, 2006 #3
    Nice to see the penguins are paper trained!

5. Sep 23, 2006 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

lol :rofl:

6. Sep 23, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

That's great!

But, the Barbie massacre! The horror!!!!:surprised

7. Sep 23, 2006 #6
    Headless Barbie #2 from the right has her feet chewed off!!!!

8. Sep 23, 2006 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That was great zoob!! :biggrin:

9. Sep 23, 2006 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When did they start making Barbies with belly buttons? The one with the head between her legs :uhh: is quite a bit more anatomically detailed than the others (the others look like the ones I had as a kid...except mine all had their heads attached...I had more trouble with arms falling off my dolls as I tried to pose them in directions their arms didn't bend).

10. Sep 23, 2006 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Is this why you have trouble keeping a man in your life? :tongue:

Great post, Zoob!

11. Sep 23, 2006 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Reminds me of the best party that I ever attended... well, except for the disembodied and missing parts.

[​IMG]
    Now WHY would anyone want to sell that?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  12. Sep 23, 2006 #11
    Reminds me of the worst party I ever attended...no qualifier.

13. Sep 24, 2006 #12
    The book stacked with the word "Danger" sticking out is authentically as I found it, but that was a one time fluke. By contrast, penguins, Barbies, and aliens are very common in different forms, and I can almost never go to the swap meet without being reminded of PF.

Does anyone else have an offline situation that constantly makes your thoughts flash back to PF somehow?

14. Sep 24, 2006 #13
    well, constant flashbacks is an oxymoron, but yes I do.
    My situation stems from the fact that much of the conversation in my life occurs on this message board, or has, and most of the kinds of things I want to share with someone else (conversationally) are things I learn or talk about here. So when I talk to people in really life I end up constantly saying things like "well the other day on the physics website we were talking about...." I do it so often that people often ask me "you think your buddies on that physics website know anything about..."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?