Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I so hate hospitals :(

1. May 21, 2015 #1

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

3days into yet another hospitalisation with the ongoing chest pain, breathing and fluid retention hassles. It has been getting progressively worse since the major heart surgery of sept 2012 when i got a viral infection that gave me constri tive pericarditis.

Just so sick of being sick and just want to enjoy a normal pife again

Greg B its the main reason I havent started an insights blog as you have encouraged me to do ...... I just havent been well enough of late to be able to put a serious effort into .. hopefully in the near future

Dave

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2015 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I am so very sad to hear this. I hope that there is some hope of feeling better. You will be in my thoughts.

4. May 21, 2015 #3

berkeman

Get better soon Dave! :smile:

5. May 21, 2015 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Yikes, that sounds awful.

Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for reminding the rest of us not to take our health for granted.

Zz.

6. May 21, 2015 #5

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks Evo just awaiting in que for an angiogram this morning :)

7. May 21, 2015 #6

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks Mike and Zz

I appreciate my PF family :)

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  8. May 21, 2015 #7
    Good luck Dave! Rest up! Hoping this latest stay will get you over the hump!

9. May 21, 2015 #8

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We're here for you Dave. Hope you'll be feeling better some.

10. May 21, 2015 #9
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I also hate hospitals, so you have my complete sympathy.

11. May 21, 2015 #10
    I pretty much echo what has already said -- and to a speedy recovery indeed!

12. May 21, 2015 #11

Evo

Hospitals can kill you. The last few hospitals stays I had, I saved up to pay for a private room. After one operation, they placed a terminal elderly patient in my room in error and she would be screaming all night and/or the alarm would go off every 10 minutes. The nurse was furious, a patient like that should have never been placed in a room with someone recovering from major surgery. I had to ask to be discharged early.

13. May 21, 2015 #12

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Yeah, hospitals are notorious for doing bad things to people (along w/ all the good things they also do). If they were anything like normal companies, their quality control managers would all be taken out behind the barn and shot.

14. May 22, 2015 #13

Borek

+1 on all good things said so far! And on all things that will be said in the future :wink:

15. May 22, 2015 #14

Borg

Gold Member

Best wishes for getting back to normal health Dave.

16. May 22, 2015 #15

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

well the angiogram went well, but with a good news and a bad news

good news ... my heart and arteries / veins look great and the heart appears to be pumping ok

that is also the bad news as they have absolutely no idea what is causing all the ongoing and steadily worsening problems
    with chest pain, breathing problems and fluid retention :frown:

As odd as it sounds, I wanted them to find a problem so that they has something to work on to get me well
    instead, Im back to square 1 and I get discharged tomorrow ( Saturday) just as ill as I was when I was admitted
    several days ago :frown:

I just don't believe it !! am so upset and distressed
    I am just so over it

Thanks for all your kind wishes, please keep me in your thoughts ..... you are all an awesome bunch of people :smile:

Dave

17. May 22, 2015 #16

Ryan_m_b

I can completely understand the frustration, I've had some long running health problems that no doctor could find a diagnosis for. It's terrible, you just wish someone would find something, even something bad, so at least you'd have a target to treat. Hang in there though, see enough doctors and let them do enough tests and they'll find it out :) It's very unlikely you have something completely new and never before discovered.

Best of luck! Hope you get a good diagnosis and treatment very soon.

18. May 22, 2015 #17

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ditto

19. May 22, 2015 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

Hope you get back to your normal life very soon:)

20. May 22, 2015 #19

Astronuc

I hope you heal quickly, and I hope there is some diagnosis of the problem.

21. May 22, 2015 #20

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook