Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I submitted a new thread

1. May 9, 2013 #1
    Dear administrator,

My user name is superduck . I've just write on a new thread. I'm wondering wether my thread is correct or suitable on the rules of this site. If I did make mistakes, Would you tell me by E-mail?

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2013 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Welcome aboard, Superduck. You will be notified by Private Message, not e-mail, if there's a problem. Where is your thread, and what is it entitled?
    (I'm not an Administrator; I just happened to get here first.)

4. May 9, 2013 #3

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Your thread is fine, but you posted it in the wrong section (homework). You should have posted it in "Academic Guidance."

5. May 9, 2013 #4
    Thank you for many answers to me. I'm grateful for you. I'll post the thread "Academic Guidance" again.

6. May 9, 2013 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You should report your thread, and not post your thread again. Click the report button on the left side of the post and then write that your thread should be moved to another forum. A mentor will do this for you. (Ignore the text under the report screen that says that this is only for spam, it isn't true).

7. May 9, 2013 #6

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

I think it would be useful to change this text.
    Doubled threads and homework threads where the thread starter did not show any attempt to solve the problem could be mentioned there, too.

8. May 9, 2013 #7

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I agree. But I don't think it's possible to change the text. Otherwise it would have been done already. But I'll let Greg comment on that.

9. May 9, 2013 #8

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

8 clicks (+-1 or 2 depending on the settings), plus time to change the text.
    vBulletin allows to modify most displayed text elements via the admin control panel.
    Phrase name: only_used_to_report

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook