Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?

1. Sep 15, 2005 #1
    "I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?"

The content of a note written by one Gorgeous George W. Bush to Ms. Rice at the UN today caught on camera. So the Leader of the Free World (TM) has to be told when to piss? That's classic!!! The irony is that I laughed so hard I wet myself. :redface:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2005 #2

SOS2008

Gold Member

You are bad--I'm sure his $#!! don't stink though.

So...Bush asked for international help in the war on terror and efforts in Iraq. What do you think?

4. Sep 15, 2005 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I have a really painful story similar to that. I was on the helm of my ship for our transit into Oslo, Norway (its about 5 or six hours through a fjord), and I keep alert by drinking soda. A couple of hours into it, I had to go really bad, so I asked the conning officer if I could be relieved (pun, inevitable) for a minute. He said "why don't we just suffer together." 4 hours later, after we docked, I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand up straight to get to the bathroom. I probably should have just reused that soda can...

5. Sep 15, 2005 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

OUCH!
    I thought you had enjoyed your stay here in Norway, not that you first and foremost associate it with a burst bladder.. :frown:

6. Sep 15, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Can anyone say affair?

7. Sep 15, 2005 #6
    Why am I bad? I ain't $#!!ing you, I just saw it on Channel 4 news just now. 'Sthe only reason I logged on tonight - to share the joy. It was almost the greatest thing I saw tonight, but the George Galloway / Christopher Hitchens dual that, bizarrely, took place in America beat it outright. Does anyone know owt about that btw? Like where, and more importantly, why?

Anyway... what? Bush asked for help. Yes. Tell him to poke it. Iraq is the responsibility of the people who destroyed it. Bush, Blair & co didn't want help with the politics, why clean up after them now?

8. Sep 15, 2005 #7
    Not to worry, I'd have done the same (were I the conning officer, that is :devil: ). What is it exactly that you do?

I have no bladder stores to tell. I'm so woefully well-prepared.

9. Sep 15, 2005 #8

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I'm an HVAC engineer - I design (test, troubleshoot, etc) heating and air conditioning systems. The story was from a past life when I was enlisted in the Navy.

10. Sep 15, 2005 #9
    here is the pic

"I think I may need a batroom break?"

That part is very clear, and I the second part looks most like:

"is this possible or..."

But that is pretty blurry and just the best I can make of it, and Bush is clearly writing the bottom part in cursive while the top part is in print; so my best guess is that Rice wrote the top part. What could there be to conclude otherwise?

11. Sep 15, 2005 #10
    Notice the random changes from uppercase to lowercase letters.

12. Sep 15, 2005 #11
    Only in the top portion of the note. The bottom part gives me the impression that Bush has a very different writing style than what is at the top; no random capitalisation, smaller print, and cursive.

13. Sep 15, 2005 #12
    The case changes occur in the top portion. 'think' is in lower case, while most other text in the first statement is in upper case. The second statement is written all in lower case and smaller - I think that's just called running out of space.

14. Sep 15, 2005 #13

Art

the joins between the 'th' in think and the 'th' in this look very similar.

15. Sep 15, 2005 #14

Art

Obviously he wasn't planning ahead.... again. :rofl:

16. Sep 15, 2005 #15
    Heh, if that is all his writing then that is a slick jab. However, I'm still not convinced, the joins are clearly the same; but then my mother did exactly the same as well and I'm pretty sure she didn't write any of it. ;)

17. Sep 15, 2005 #16
    What the hell was your mother doing needing a pee in a UN summit?

18. Sep 15, 2005 #17
    I suppose the intent of my wording wasn't clear but the "did" is in reference to the fact that she passed on years ago. That is also relevant to my rational for doubting she had a hand in any of the writing. :wink:

19. Sep 15, 2005 #18
    She didn't need to go before it started.. duh. She's an old lady cut her some slack.

20. Sep 15, 2005 #19
    Again, my mother is dead; so it would be much obliged if everyone would cut her a little slack at this point.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  21. Sep 15, 2005 #20
    A funny update from Drudge:
    Note the implcation from Drudge doesn't jive well with the linked article:
    But unfortunatly, judging from the other information in the article, we will likely never have a report confirming whether or not Bush wrote the part at the top or just what is near the bottom.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?