I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?

  • #1
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
"I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?"

The content of a note written by one Gorgeous George W. Bush to Ms. Rice at the UN today caught on camera. So the Leader of the Free World (TM) has to be told when to piss? That's classic! The irony is that I laughed so hard I wet myself. :redface:
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
SOS2008
Gold Member
38
1
El Hombre Invisible said:
The content of a note written by one Gorgeous George W. Bush to Ms. Rice at the UN today caught on camera. So the Leader of the Free World (TM) has to be told when to piss? That's classic! The irony is that I laughed so hard I wet myself. :redface:
You are bad--I'm sure his $#! don't stink though.

So...Bush asked for international help in the war on terror and efforts in Iraq. What do you think?
 
  • #3
russ_watters
Mentor
22,055
9,152
I have a really painful story similar to that. I was on the helm of my ship for our transit into Oslo, Norway (its about 5 or six hours through a fjord), and I keep alert by drinking soda. A couple of hours into it, I had to go really bad, so I asked the conning officer if I could be relieved (pun, inevitable) for a minute. He said "why don't we just suffer together." 4 hours later, after we docked, I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand up straight to get to the bathroom. I probably should have just reused that soda can...
 
  • #4
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
russ_watters said:
I have a really painful story similar to that. I was on the helm of my ship for our transit into Oslo, Norway (its about 5 or six hours through a fjord), and I keep alert by drinking soda. A couple of hours into it, I had to go really bad, so I asked the conning officer if I could be relieved (pun, inevitable) for a minute. He said "why don't we just suffer together." 4 hours later, after we docked, I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand up straight to get to the bathroom. I probably should have just reused that soda can...
OUCH!
I thought you had enjoyed your stay here in Norway, not that you first and foremost associate it with a burst bladder.. :frown:
 
  • #5
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,124
17
El Hombre Invisible said:
The content of a note written by one Gorgeous George W. Bush to Ms. Rice at the UN today caught on camera. So the Leader of the Free World (TM) has to be told when to piss? That's classic! The irony is that I laughed so hard I wet myself. :redface:

Can anyone say affair?
 
  • #6
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
Why am I bad? I ain't $#!ing you, I just saw it on Channel 4 news just now. 'Sthe only reason I logged on tonight - to share the joy. It was almost the greatest thing I saw tonight, but the George Galloway / Christopher Hitchens dual that, bizarrely, took place in America beat it outright. Does anyone know owt about that btw? Like where, and more importantly, why?

Anyway... what? Bush asked for help. Yes. Tell him to poke it. Iraq is the responsibility of the people who destroyed it. Bush, Blair & co didn't want help with the politics, why clean up after them now?
 
  • #7
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
russ_watters said:
I have a really painful story similar to that. I was on the helm of my ship for our transit into Oslo, Norway (its about 5 or six hours through a fjord), and I keep alert by drinking soda. A couple of hours into it, I had to go really bad, so I asked the conning officer if I could be relieved (pun, inevitable) for a minute. He said "why don't we just suffer together." 4 hours later, after we docked, I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand up straight to get to the bathroom. I probably should have just reused that soda can...
Not to worry, I'd have done the same (were I the conning officer, that is :devil: ). What is it exactly that you do?

I have no bladder stores to tell. I'm so woefully well-prepared.
 
  • #8
russ_watters
Mentor
22,055
9,152
El said:
What is it exactly that you do?
I'm an HVAC engineer - I design (test, troubleshoot, etc) heating and air conditioning systems. The story was from a past life when I was enlisted in the Navy.
 
  • #9
http://i.photos.reuters.com/Pictures/galleries/newspictures/2005-09-14T201816Z_01_UNS93D_RTRIDSP_2_SUMMIT-UN.jpg [Broken]

"I think I may need a batroom break?"

That part is very clear, and I the second part looks most like:

"is this possible or..."

But that is pretty blurry and just the best I can make of it, and Bush is clearly writing the bottom part in cursive while the top part is in print; so my best guess is that Rice wrote the top part. What could there be to conclude otherwise?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #10
TRCSF
60
0
Notice the random changes from uppercase to lowercase letters.
 
  • #11
Only in the top portion of the note. The bottom part gives me the impression that Bush has a very different writing style than what is at the top; no random capitalisation, smaller print, and cursive.
 
  • #12
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
The case changes occur in the top portion. 'think' is in lower case, while most other text in the first statement is in upper case. The second statement is written all in lower case and smaller - I think that's just called running out of space.
 
  • #13
the joins between the 'th' in think and the 'th' in this look very similar.
 
  • #14
El Hombre Invisible said:
The case changes occur in the top portion. 'think' is in lower case, while most other text in the first statement is in upper case. The second statement is written all in lower case and smaller - I think that's just called running out of space.
Obviously he wasn't planning ahead... again. :rofl:
 
  • #15
Heh, if that is all his writing then that is a slick jab. However, I'm still not convinced, the joins are clearly the same; but then my mother did exactly the same as well and I'm pretty sure she didn't write any of it. ;)
 
  • #16
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
kyleb said:
Heh, if that is all his writing then that is a slick jab. However, I'm still not convinced, the joins are clearly the same; but then my mother did exactly the same as well and I'm pretty sure she didn't write any of it. ;)
What the hell was your mother doing needing a pee in a UN summit?
 
  • #17
I suppose the intent of my wording wasn't clear but the "did" is in reference to the fact that she passed on years ago. That is also relevant to my rational for doubting she had a hand in any of the writing. :wink:
 
  • #18
Smurf
396
3
El Hombre Invisible said:
What the hell was your mother doing needing a pee in a UN summit?
She didn't need to go before it started.. duh. She's an old lady cut her some slack.
 
  • #19
Again, my mother is dead; so it would be much obliged if everyone would cut her a little slack at this point.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #20
A funny update from Drudge:
REUTERS has acknowledged Bush 'Potty Note' photo was enhanced via Photoshop...
Note the implcation from Drudge doesn't jive well with the http://www.pdnonline.com/pdn/newswire/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001137642 [Broken]:
The white parts of the picture were overexposed, so a Reuters processor used Photoshop to burn down the note. This is a standard practice for news photos, Hershorn says, and the picture was not manipulated in any other way.
But unfortunatly, judging from the other information in the article, we will likely never have a report confirming whether or not Bush wrote the part at the top or just what is near the bottom.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #21
kyleb said:
A funny update from Drudge:

Note the implcation from Drudge doesn't jive well with the http://www.pdnonline.com/pdn/newswire/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001137642 [Broken]:

But unfortunatly, judging from the other information in the article, we will likely never have a report confirming whether or not Bush wrote the part at the top or just what is near the bottom.
:confused: Why do you say that? the article explicitly says
Hershorn says Wilking saw Bush write the note and hand the note to Rice.
If the note was being passed back and forth why wouldn't the article say so?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #22
Confirmation that it was Bush who requested permission to go to the bathroom
Mr Bush, who had delivered his speech on terrorism, waited politely until Tony Blair had finished his address. Then, just as President Kerekou of Benin was about to speak, Mr Bush got up and left the room with his UN Ambassador, John Bolton. To avoid an apparent American walk-out, Dr Rice promptly moved into the President’s seat at the council’s horseshoe-shaped table.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1782805,00.html
 
  • #23
Lisa!
Gold Member
639
97
Being famous is a big trouble most of time. Bush is a human anyway even if his policy says something else!
 
  • #24
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
Lisa! said:
Bush is a human anyway even if his policy says something else!
You missed the suffix 'sub-' before 'human'.
 
  • #25
Evo
Mentor
23,925
3,264
I can't believe that there is actually a thread about going to the bathroom. Because he's President, he can't ask for a bathroom break? Do you people really have nothing better to do? :rolleyes:
 
  • #26
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
Evo said:
I can't believe that there is actually a thread about going to the bathroom. Because he's President, he can't ask for a bathroom break? Do you people really have nothing better to do? :rolleyes: I could see elementary school kids snickering over this but, come on, this is so childish.
Yeah, who started this stupid thread anyway? Evo: it was deemed newsworthy. We're just a bunch of people with too much time on our hands. Journalists get PAID for this stuff!
 
  • #27
Evo said:
I can't believe that there is actually a thread about going to the bathroom. Because he's President, he can't ask for a bathroom break? Do you people really have nothing better to do? :rolleyes: I could see elementary school kids snickering over this but, come on, this is so childish.
It's the irony of the 'World's Most Powerful Man' at a world summit asking if he can go to the bathroom. It doesn't lend itself to his PR image of the decisive leader.
 
  • #28
Evo
Mentor
23,925
3,264
Art said:
It's the irony of the 'World's Most Powerful Man' at a world summit asking if he can go to the bathroom. It doesn't lend itself to his PR image of the decisive leader.
Well, he can't just get up and walk out of the room. What is he expected to do if he needs to go to the bathroom? Must have been a REALLY SLOW news day.
 
  • #29
Lisa!
Gold Member
639
97
Yes, you're right Evo. He's president and can do lots of things, but we usually hav to sit and watch.(execpt when he's going to bathroom of course :yuck: )


El Hombre Invisible said:
You missed the suffix 'sub-' before 'human'.
Oops, you know me. I always make lots of mistakes in my posts! :wink:
 
  • #30
Yonoz
24
0
Evo said:
Well, he can't just get up and walk out of the room. What is he expected to do if he needs to go to the bathroom? Must have been a REALLY SLOW news day.
Come on - it's not like he could miss out on anything important... :wink:
Of course he's not all that bright but it's come to a point where it's like there's a contest on criticising and ridiculing him, regardless of any common sense.
This is not like a staff meeting at your local starbucks.
 
  • #31
Evo said:
Well, he can't just get up and walk out of the room.
Why not?
Evo said:
What is he expected to do if he needs to go to the bathroom?
Tell his aide he is going and then get up and go of course.

Why does he need to ask Rice if he can go? Is it usual for a boss to ask an underling if it is okay to do something? It may seem trivial but it appears to give an insight into how Bush's cabinet works with many tails wagging the dog.
 
  • #32
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
Lisa! said:
Oops, you know me. I always make lots of mistakes in my posts! :wink:
Hey, not to worry. I get whole words wrong (I meant prefix, not suffix).
 
  • #33
Yonoz
24
0
Art said:
Is it usual for a boss to ask an underling if it is okay to do something?
Yeah.
It's called working together.
 
  • #34
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
Working together? So Bush DOES need help to pee? Jeez, I was only kidding!
 
  • #35
Yonoz
24
0
El Hombre Invisible said:
Working together? So Bush DOES need help to pee? Jeez, I was only kidding!
Have you ever set in a meeting where the subject is important to countless people? I've set in meetings where if someone didn't listen well enough there could be funerals the next day. You don't take bathroom breaks in these meetings unless you have someone close take notes for you, and I sure hope my head of state doesn't walk out on a meeting just as my welfare rights are being discussed.
Would you rather he walked out as if his presence there is meaningless? Seeing as his shortcomings are raised here so often, would you rather he would not consult his aides?
I do not like him all that much but it's like he's "fair game" regardless of the actual facts. Any kid who's done nothing more than go to school and surf the net a few hours a day passes judgment like they've managed a world-wide relief organisation. It's blown way beyond proportions.
 

Suggested for: I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?

  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
208
Replies
9
Views
382
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
467
Replies
16
Views
758
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
561
Replies
1
Views
144
Replies
2
Views
557
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
434
Replies
7
Views
383
Replies
20
Views
834
Top