I think I should be an administrator because?

• Thread starter Viper
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses potential changes to improve and make Physics Forums a more fun place. Suggestions include allowing general discussion posts to count, giving different people the power to moderate the General Discussion Board, introducing gambling, and making everyone wear masks and dance. There is also a mention of making all forums like GA where post counts do not increase and one person wanting their post account to be 0 forever.
Viper
If you were to be an administrator like Greg for a day, what (if anything.) would you do to improve, add, take out or make physics forums a more fun place.
My first rule would be to allow general discussion posts count,

Physics news on Phys.org
^Why?

Why does your number of posts matter at all?

Makes no difference to me if I or others have 4 or 4 thousand posts.

Fine ok then,
What would you change?

I would allow different people to moderate/mentor the General Discussion Board and give that person sweeping powers to mold the board to their own tastes and desires.

Thats good but if someone does not have a go at someone who they do not like they could be discrimanated against, its a start though

Nah... I'd let Greg have it back...

I would allow different people to moderate/mentor the General Discussion Board and give that person sweeping powers to mold the board to their own tastes and desires.
And that person would be...?
Hmm... I wonder if Greg can be coerced into a "mentor for a day" event...

I'd introduce gambling. Roulette and slots up front, black jack out back, and a couple of girls to roll drunken clientelle in the car park and steal their credit cards afterwards.

I'd also make everyone wear Stan Laurel masks and dance naked for my own personal amusement.

Well that's an intersting theroy, can`t seeing it catching on though

It's no theory, it's a plan...and a damn good one! Now, dance for me!

Im too good for you

i will make all forums like GA ... "the post account doesn't increase" and make my post account 0 for ever

1. Why do you think you should be an administrator?

I believe I should be an administrator because of my strong leadership skills and ability to make well-informed decisions. I also have a strong understanding of the organization and its goals, making me a valuable asset in a leadership role.

2. What experience do you have that qualifies you for an administrative position?

I have several years of experience in various administrative roles, where I have successfully managed teams, implemented organizational strategies, and improved processes. Additionally, I have completed relevant coursework and training in leadership and management.

3. How do you handle conflicts or difficult situations as an administrator?

As an administrator, I understand the importance of effective communication and active listening. I prioritize addressing conflicts and difficult situations by approaching them with empathy and finding a solution that benefits all parties involved.

4. How do you stay organized and handle multiple tasks as an administrator?

I am highly organized and have a strong attention to detail. I utilize various tools and strategies, such as creating schedules, setting priorities, and delegating tasks to effectively manage my workload as an administrator.

5. What do you believe are the most important qualities of an effective administrator?

In my opinion, the most important qualities of an effective administrator include strong communication skills, the ability to make sound decisions, adaptability, and a positive attitude. It is also crucial to have excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to inspire and motivate others.