Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I think my brain has filled up.

1. May 30, 2010 #1
    I can't seem to remember anything new.
    But I can remember lots of crap from my fresher university year. I think a Chopin Nocturne and Cauchy's theorem (the one about the existence of a subgroup/element of order p, if p is a prime and p divides |G|) got the last few kilobytes.

Need to defragment it or something, but I don't think I have enough space for even that.

:(

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2010 #2
    It's called burnout it can last many many years.

4. May 30, 2010 #3
    I think your right, time to defrag, and delete all the un-need things, umm wait a second. I tried that once, it really didn't work. But what does work, is a nice vacation with some good old fashioned hiking and a few days to daydream.

I'm sure its just a bit of stress, you got tons of room left.

5. May 30, 2010 #4

cronxeh

Gold Member

Ah yes, Confucius say you need to empty your cup, and It is better to lose a lover than love a loser

6. May 30, 2010 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

[PLAIN]http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/NatSci102/images/brain_full.gif [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. May 30, 2010 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

On top of defrag, dump your cache and maybe a registry cleanup.

It does sound like you're burned out. Do you take time for yourself and relax?

8. May 30, 2010 #7
    A hobby, especially a creative one that gives you personal satisfaction can go a long way to easing the early stages of burnout. Music, either listening to it or playing it, some travel, cooking, building something... anything to change your focus for a while, relax, and still keep the old juices flowing in the noggin.

Oh, you could also be sleep-deprived.

9. May 30, 2010 #8
    On the plus side once you do the vacation thing youll end up forgetting 90% of what it was that you were trying to remember!

10. May 30, 2010 #9
    A girl friend would be more effective

11. May 30, 2010 #10
    On top of that, try to stay virus free; avoid humanity classes.

12. May 31, 2010 #11
    I don't do any of those, by virtue of them not being offered.
    Now I have an exam in integrable systems, general relativity, complex methods, logic and set theory, electrodynamics and partial differential equations. \o/

A girl friend would be more effective
    Going to America with her when stuff is finished :O

13. May 31, 2010 #12
    Me brain hurts thinking about it. Then again, maybe you could use some viral filler...

14. May 31, 2010 #13
    "Don't let the namshub into your operating system!" :)

15. May 31, 2010 #14
    Try resetting your memory with lots of alcohol. It's rather popular method of getting amnesia. Be warned, that this process is irreversible and it reduces brain capacity on each use. Just like erasing EPROM.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook