Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Thought I Should Introduce Myself

1. Jul 5, 2010 #1
    Hey guys! Whats up? I have signed up for the forums back in April and haven't really been active in posting the forums. So before I start posting, I thought I would introduce myself to you guys. My name is Ivan and I will be attending California State University of Fullerton this coming fall (the first one in my family to attend a university :) ). I will be majoring in Computer Engineering. Science and technology has always interested me ever since I was a little kid. I came to appreciate and love math too. I have taken 2 college classes during my high school career (I wish I would have taken more...). One was during the summer of 2008 and it was College Algebra and the second was C++ programming during Spring of 2010. I'm like the math/science guy of my family and everyone comes to me for help with tech or other problems. I tutor my brothers for math if they need my assistance I tutor college students (which includes my older bro) with their from Pre-Algebra to College Algebra in hopes that they can be interested in math and want to go on to higher levels of math. I love to play different sports, whether it be soccer, basketball, football, tennis, etc. I am open to anything. I also love to play my guitar. I am a really kind, patient, chill guy. So thats pretty much some of who I am. I look forward to interacting with all of you in the Physics Forums. :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PF, Ivan92! Congrats on being the first in your family to go to college :approve:, that's terrific. I hope you make good use of the forums, and that you enjoy it here.

4. Jul 5, 2010 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Ivan. Good name! :biggrin:

5. Jul 6, 2010 #4
    Hi Ivan92. Consider this problem:

A mathematician is an avid smoker, but a very peculiar one. He has the habit of always carrying two matchboxes with 100 matches each in both of his pockets and he randomly chooses a pocket to pick a match and light his cigarette with. What is the probability that, after he picks a matchbox and verifies it is empty, the other matchbox still contains n matches ([itex]0 \le n \le 100[/itex])?

6. Jul 6, 2010 #5
    Hullo and welcome, Ivan92.

7. Jul 6, 2010 #6
    Heh, computer engineering? You definitely picked the right subject for these days and ages.

Welcome, welcome.

8. Jul 6, 2010 #7

radou

Homework Helper

Rock on, Ivan! :cool:

9. Jul 6, 2010 #8
    Welcome Ivan!

10. Jul 6, 2010 #9

Dembadon

Gold Member

Welcome, Ivan. :smile:

I promise that if you'll hang around, you'll be deluged with good humor, information, conversation, and personalities. Also, PF is addicting - consider yourself warned. :wink:

11. Jul 6, 2010 #10
    Haha. Thank you for all the welcomes. I have been pretty addicted to this forum as my hunger for knowledge continues. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook