Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I travel again

1. Oct 22, 2004 #1
    Hi All,

Tomorrow, at 11:45 am, I am off to Knellar Hall to attend the Annual (and National) Advanced Musicians Course. I will be there until Friday then I will be back in Portsmouth for a while and then I am off to the JCIC at a local Barracks until Sunday. I have to make a speech for the JCIC and I don't really want to go but never mind. I am off.

See you all on Late Sunday or Monday. :biggrin:

All have fun posting and PM where my posts are I need to reply to. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Aah the JCIC.... not much of a challenge if I recall, as long as your lesson plans are textbook. The SCIC on the other hand is a major challenge, but if like me, you pass it, then the world is your oyster and you are worshipped by cadets and adults alike... well I was anyway.
  4. Oct 22, 2004 #3

Gold Member

I feel so out of it... :cry:
  5. Oct 22, 2004 #4
    SCIC? Oh dear. Help me now. :cry:

The Bob (2004 ©)
  6. Oct 23, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

It is Army Cadets. I was a member... possibly the greatest my detachment had seen :tongue2:

JCIC - Junior Cadet Instructors Cadre. Basically means you get shouted at for a weekend, taught how to teach a lesson and then tested on your own teaching abilities where you teach one lesson.

SCIC - Senior Cadet Instructors Cadre. Basically means you get shouted at and bullied for a week, are helped in teaching more senior cadets, and tested on your teaching abilities, where you teach 4 lessons on different areas of the army life.

I remember my SCIC fondly. Especially the time I got busted down from Staff Sergeant to cadet for the day, and told that I had failed the course because I got the people on my course to chant "Stella, Stella, Stella Artois" as they were marching. Plus all the character boosting beastings I got the day I was in charge of the group... it was directed at the group but because I was in charge, I had to take the full force of it. At the end of the course I was a stronger man.

The SCIC is run by regular soldiers, who are used to dealing with people like me :tongue:
  7. Oct 31, 2004 #6
    I'm back and I feel a lot more confident.

SCIC sounds too much for me. Way too much. But JCIC was good.

The Bob (2004 ©)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?