I-V characteristic curve - PV

In summary, the speaker is asking for help with their simulation of PV silicon using the PC1D program. They are specifically trying to make the short-circuit Ib value positive and have attached a file showing the flipped I-V characteristic curve. The results of their simulation include a short-circuit Ib of -3.183, a maximum base power output of 1.362 watts, and an open-circuit Vb of 0.5920 volts. They also provide a link for more information.
Smile_Face
Hi All,

I am using PC1D (is the most commonly used of the commercially available solar cell modelling programs) when I tried to simulate PV silicon to see I-V characteristic curve the curve flip as you can see attached file. My question how can I make short_circuit Ib positive value?

Results :
Short_circuit Ib : -3.183
Max base power out : 1.362 watts
Open-cicuit Vb : 0.5920 volts

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• I-V Curve.gif
    I-V Curve.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 678
Engineering news on Phys.org
Smile_Face said:
Hi All,

I am using PC1D (is the most commonly used of the commercially available solar cell modelling programs) when I tried to simulate PV silicon to see I-V characteristic curve the curve flip as you can see attached file. My question how can I make short_circuit Ib positive value?

Results :
Short_circuit Ib : -3.183
Max base power out : 1.362 watts
Open-cicuit Vb : 0.5920 volts

Thanks in advance

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7230

1. What is an I-V characteristic curve in the context of PV?

An I-V characteristic curve, also known as an "IV curve", is a graphical representation of the current-voltage relationship for a photovoltaic (PV) device. It shows the relationship between the current output and voltage input under different operating conditions.

2. How is an I-V characteristic curve measured?

The I-V characteristic curve is typically measured by varying the voltage input to a PV device and measuring the resulting current output. This is done using specialized equipment, such as a solar simulator, under controlled conditions.

3. What information can be obtained from an I-V characteristic curve?

The I-V characteristic curve provides important information about the performance of a PV device, including its maximum power point, open-circuit voltage, and short-circuit current. It can also reveal any defects or inefficiencies in the device.

4. How does temperature affect the I-V characteristic curve of a PV device?

Temperature can have a significant impact on the I-V characteristic curve of a PV device. As temperature increases, the open-circuit voltage decreases while the short-circuit current increases. This is due to the physical properties of the materials used in the device.

5. How can the I-V characteristic curve be used to optimize PV system performance?

The I-V characteristic curve can be used to determine the maximum power point of a PV device, which is the point at which the device operates most efficiently. By adjusting the operating conditions, such as the load resistance, the system can be optimized to operate at this point, resulting in maximum power output.