I want a new general username

• Thread starter um0123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    General
In summary, some possible username ideas for someone using Silman as their last name are SudoSilman, SiliconeBreastsDD, WindowSil, HiggsBoSil, GradedLieAlgebra, Double-Silit, and Photonsillitis.
um0123
I have been wanting to think of a good username for a while now that i can use for gamig, social stuff, forums, etc.

I want it to be physics related and/or computer science related and have (at very least the "Sil" part) my last name (Silman).

I don't want it to be over the top or include numbers like Z3r0Gr4vItYH$CK3R or ProtonDecay314159.

Something simple that rolls of the tongue nicely.

So far the only one that comes to mind is SudoSilman. This incorporates my last name and a very usefully linux command.
What are some other physics and/or computer science names that incorporate my name?

Also If you think of one that's not necessarily physics/compsci related feel free to post it! Others I have come up with (but don't really want to use) are: Silmonster, SilMaster, SilMagic - i think you get the trend. Anyway, i would love to hear all usernames you guys think of!

Thanks for the help!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey um0123 and welcome to the forums.

Some ideas that come to find for physics include SillyNeutrino, SiliconElement14 (Or SI14) to name a few. Maybe these will give you some new ideas. Maybe Even SiliconeBreastsDD if your game ;)

Give yourself to the Fruit Side. :biggrin:

How about WindowSil, or MoSilla, or QuickSilver, or EpSilon, or HiggsBoSil. Ok I'm out of ideas.

What's wrong with Silman?

Monique said:
What's wrong with Silman?

a lot of the time it is taken :(

plus it doesn't have any physics in it!

SyllogisticSil

I remember going through that same thought process looking for a good user name when I first registered with PF over 10yrs ago. I am quite happy with the decision I made. I now use it everywhere (may have to tack on a number.

Good luck with your efforts I am sure you will come up with something.

um0123 said:
a lot of the time it is taken :(

plus it doesn't have any physics in it!

How about Silicium?

I don't think I'd ever adopt a username somebody else invented/suggested.

How about Double-Silit?

SithSil?

GradedLieAlgebra!

There's also BananaBoy, ApplePi, MangoMath, ScienceStrawberry and MuonMelon, among others.

Photonsillitis?

1. How do I choose a new general username?

To choose a new general username, think about your interests, hobbies, or a combination of your first and last name. You can also use a random username generator for ideas.

2. Can I change my general username on all of my accounts?

It depends on the individual account's policies. Some accounts may allow you to change your username while others may not. It's best to check with each account's settings or customer support.

3. Should I use my real name as my general username?

It's not recommended to use your real name as a general username for privacy and security reasons. Consider using a variation of your name or a completely different username.

4. How can I make sure my general username is unique?

You can do a quick search online to see if your desired username is already taken. You can also add numbers, special characters, or use a different spelling to make your username more unique.

5. What are some tips for creating a strong general username?

A strong general username should be easy to remember, not too long, and not too similar to your personal information. Avoid using personal information, profanity, or offensive words. It's also a good idea to use a different username for each account for added security.