How to Check Your Answers for Question 1 and Question 2 - Quick Tips

• Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking help with two questions and has provided their work for them to be checked. For the first question, the expert advises them to start with an equation and follow each step with a new equation. They should end up with a value of x that is correct to three significant digits. The expert also explains the use of logarithms in this process. For the second question, the expert points out that the answer should be rounded to 34.7 years and also provides clarification on the use of "ln" instead of "In". They also suggest posting the problem and work for quicker assistance.
r-soy
Hi

I want check my answer two Question

Question 1
111.JPG

Question 2
2222.JPG

Physics news on Phys.org
Q1: Your work is incorrect.
You're starting with an equation, so each step should be a new equation.
xlog x = 100x
log(xlog x) = log(100x)
(log x)(log x) = log 100 + log x
Continue from there. You should end up with a value of x that is correct to three significant digits.

Hi mark

why we said log 100 + log x ?

why + log x ?

Because

[tex]
\log(ab) = \log(a) + \log(b)
[/tex]

thanks >>

For Q2, your answer is close, but should be rounded to 34.7 years, to the nearest tenth of a year.

Also, there is no In operation. This is Ln, and stands for natural Logarithm, which in Latin is logarithmus naturalis.

BTW, you might get quicker help if you posted the problem and your work rather than posting a scanned copy of your work. Speaking for myself, it's much easier when I can write my response while looking at the work, rather than having to have two windows open and jump back and forth between them.

1. What is the purpose of checking my answer?

The purpose of checking your answer is to ensure that it is correct and to identify any errors that may have been made. It is an important step in the scientific process to validate your findings.

2. How do I check my answer?

The process of checking your answer will depend on the specific problem or experiment you are working on. Generally, you can compare your answer to a known solution, use a mathematical equation or formula, or conduct additional experiments to verify your results.

3. What if my answer does not match the expected result?

If your answer does not match the expected result, it is important to carefully review your calculations or methodology to identify any potential errors. You may also seek assistance from a colleague or conduct additional experiments to troubleshoot and validate your findings.

4. Are there any tools or resources that can help me check my answer?

Yes, there are various tools and resources available to assist in checking your answer. These may include software programs, calculators, reference books, or online databases. It is important to use reliable and accurate resources to ensure the validity of your answer.

5. Is it necessary to always check my answer?

Yes, it is necessary to always check your answer to ensure the accuracy and validity of your findings. This is an essential step in the scientific process and helps to avoid any potential errors or biases in your results.