I want this account cancelled.

• Complaint
  • Thread starter trambolin
  • Start date
In summary: conversation I had with him. He was warned and then got away with it. So I don't like the way of moderation and I think it's unfair that one person can get away with something and someone else is punished.
trambolin
Hi there,

A few months ago, while we were discussing pretty decently with someone, some trolling person interrupted us and got me in the trap. Then, I was tempted to answer him with this anonymous poem (I repeat it is anonymous, I did not write it, Google it):

You’re Not Deep
You’re Not An Intellectual
You’re Not An Artist
You’re Not A Critic
You’re Not A Poet
You Just Have Internet Access

This was due to the fact that he wrote me another one and was under the impression that he taught me a Latin lesson. Anyhow, I received a warning then, an infraction from the moderator D H. I told him a couple of times that I did not like this kind of discipline due to the fact that the troller got away with it while I was being warned.

Long story short, for the last 3 months I am trying to get this account cancelled. I did not want any mails and I am aware of the settings but I don't need to set them because I don't want any of it. Can someone please terminate my account?

Physics news on Phys.org
trambolin said:
I told him a couple of times that I did not like this kind of discipline due to the fact that the troller got away with it while I was being warned.
Fact? You know this how?

because I did not insult anyone. I just pointed to a poem in exchange for his wonderful comment and received warning and infraction and I don't know what else. Both of our comments are now deleted and I don't like the way of moderation

Why is it still a matter of a debate?

Can't you just delete my account ?

trambolin said:
because I did not insult anyone. I just pointed to a poem in exchange for his wonderful comment and received warning and infraction and I don't know what else. Both of our comments are now deleted and I don't like the way of moderation

In case you missed it, this is contained (in RED no less) in the PF Rules that you had agreed to:

Neither member accounts nor a member's posts will be deleted on demand. It is up to the discretion of the forum owners and admins. Posts are for everyone's benefit and should be thought of as permanent.

Zz.

trambolin said:
You claimed as a "fact" that the other person was not warned or infracted in any way (i.e., he "got away with it", while you were warned). How do you know that?

The Mods may be able to (terminate your account). That decision is up to them. If there are any pending issues with your account, those may need to be resolved before a banning of your account is considered.

As for the issue of email notifications, I'm not sure if banning an account will ensure that the notifications stop. I think the only way to do that is to actually go into your account settings and turn off notifications.

I am not asking for deleting my account just because I demand it. I am trying to get the admin's or moderator's attention for 3 months in private messages. That is why I brought the subject here. I don't like the attitude of one of your moderators and I don't want to be a part of this forum. So this is not an automated "delete my account- period" type of message. I did my own part and I ask for some help that's it.

Let me remind you that moderators also follow some rules such as keeping the forum moderated. Not just arriving in the last minute and distributing warnings and infractions here and there as they liked. It does not even matter if I received this or that. Who cares about virtual messages that pop up in the corner? I helped a few, learned a few that's it. The important thing is that it is not fun anymore for me to hang out here .

Why is this "do you read the rules?" attitude all of a sudden? This is exactly why I want to leave this thing. Prejudicial and irrelevant replies.

Gokul43201 said:
You claimed as a "fact" that the other person was not warned or infracted in any way (i.e., he "got away with it", while you were warned). How do you know that?

Because in the end, I am trying to get my account deleted after a flamer ruined a nice discussion. Did I make myself clear this time?

If you did not like the "fact" word, let me rephrase it for convenience so that we can move on to my original point.

From my point of view, in a way, he "got away with it" (he got what he wanted - a heated discussion) while I was warned (because D H thought I am insulting this wonderful person)

Is this better?

Gokul43201 said:

The Mods may be able to (terminate your account). That decision is up to them. If there are any pending issues with your account, those may need to be resolved before a banning of your account is considered.

As for the issue of email notifications, I'm not sure if banning an account will ensure that the notifications stop. I think the only way to do that is to actually go into your account settings and turn off notifications.

It's to turn off notifications, but the thing is, this site stops sending new ones if you stop visiting. In addition, you can change ALL of your email notification settings to "none" with virtually no effort.

@Trambolin: You don't have to, but you might consider taking my word for this: if you're trying to be anything except banned, this isn't the way to go about it. If I can say this over the (no doubt) hysterical laughter of mentors... it's not a democracy. You chose to sign up, you chose to take offense at normal moderation and let that fester for three months, and you're choosing to take the normal regulation of a website as disrespect.

You know that moderators don't act in a vacuum in ANY site or network, right? I also sincerely doubt that D H hunted you down and did anything... someone (probably the troll) reported you (probably), and he WARNED you. Pretend he's a cop for a second... do you start yelling at the officer because you don't think you were speeding, or do you take the warning, smile, and drive off?

I say this from personal experience too: wrestle with pigs and you'll get dirty. If you can't accept that, don't do it. When you come up dirty, don't be shocked when you're asked to get clean before you come indoors. This is all metaphorical, in case I'm being unclear.

trambolin said:
Because in the end, I am trying to get my account deleted after a flamer ruined a nice discussion. Did I make myself clear this time?

If you did not like the "fact" word, let me rephrase it for convenience so that we can move on to my original point.

From my point of view, in a way, he "got away with it" (he got what he wanted - a heated discussion) while I was warned (because D H thought I am insulting this wonderful person)

Is this better?

How do you know the flamer wasn't given a major infraction?

So you acknowledge that you have no idea whether the other person was infracted or what kind of infraction he received. Your statement that he "got away with it" is without basis. You don't help yourself by making such baseless accusations.

I just unresolved the issue. And now I've resolved it again, just now. BAM!

1. What is the process for cancelling an account?

The process for cancelling an account may vary depending on the specific account and company. However, typically you can cancel an account by logging into your account and navigating to the "Account Settings" or "Profile" section. From there, you should be able to find an option to cancel your account. If you are having trouble finding this option, you can reach out to customer support for assistance.

2. Will I be charged any fees for cancelling my account?

It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions of your account to determine if there are any fees associated with cancelling. Some accounts may have a cancellation fee if you are canceling before a certain period of time or if you have a contract. If you are unsure, you can contact customer support for clarification.

3. Can I reactivate my account after it has been cancelled?

This will depend on the specific account and company policies. Some accounts may allow you to reactivate your account after it has been cancelled, while others may not. It is best to check with customer support to see if reactivating your account is possible.

4. Will my data and information be deleted when I cancel my account?

Again, this will depend on the specific account and company policies. Some accounts may delete all of your data and information when you cancel your account, while others may keep it for a certain period of time. It is important to research and understand the data retention policies of your account before cancelling.

5. Is there a way to temporarily suspend my account instead of cancelling it?

This will also depend on the specific account and company policies. Some accounts may have an option to temporarily suspend your account instead of cancelling it, while others may not. You can check the account's terms and conditions or reach out to customer support for more information on this option.