Becoming a Pilot in India: Requirements, Costs, and Entry Criteria

• Thread starter powergirl
  • Start date
Broken] In summary, if you are from India and wish to become a pilot, there are resources available online that can provide you with information on the particulars of this career path, including education and cost. It is a post-secondary course that may require certain marks and qualifications. Immediate replies and more information can be found through a quick online search.
powergirl
I wish to become a pilot..What are its particulars..Am from India..so I wish to have some replies based on indian education...What are its particulars and How much will it cost for me to study the whole course(in India) ?? :confused:
Is it a course we have to study after +2??CBSE how much mark we have to score and is the entry depending on our +2 marks??
What are the requirements for this??
I need an immediate reply..plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
I 'm very much eager to know abt that...:bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
powergirl said:
I wish to become a pilot..What are its particulars..Am from India..so I wish to have some replies based on indian education...What are its particulars and How much will it cost for me to study the whole course(in India) ?? :confused:
Is it a course we have to study after +2??CBSE how much mark we have to score and is the entry depending on our +2 marks??
What are the requirements for this??
I need an immediate reply..plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
I 'm very much eager to know abt that...:bugeye:

You'll get lots of relevant information if you google.

For example,
- http://www.webindia123.com/career/options/compilot/intro.htm" [Broken]
- http://indian-airlines.nic.in/scripts/careers.aspx" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Becoming a pilot in India requires dedication, hard work, and a strong passion for flying. To start, you must have completed your 10+2 education from a recognized board, such as CBSE. The minimum marks required may vary from institution to institution, but a good academic record is usually preferred.

The next step is to enroll in a flying school, which can cost anywhere from 15-20 lakhs (depending on the school and location). This includes the cost of flight training, ground training, and other necessary fees. Keep in mind that this cost may increase if you need to repeat any courses or if you opt for additional training.

In terms of entry criteria, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Class 1 medical certificate. You will also need to pass an entrance exam, which may include written tests, interviews, and a physical fitness test. Additionally, you must have a certain level of proficiency in English, as it is the language used in aviation communication.

Overall, becoming a pilot in India requires both financial and academic commitment. It is a highly competitive field, so it is important to have a strong academic record and a genuine interest in flying. I suggest researching different flying schools and their requirements to find the best fit for you. Best of luck in your pursuit of becoming a pilot!

1. What are the basic requirements to become a pilot in India?

The basic requirements to become a pilot in India include obtaining a Class 1 medical certificate, completing a pilot training course from a DGCA-approved flying school, and passing the DGCA's written and practical exams.

2. What is the cost of becoming a pilot in India?

The cost of becoming a pilot in India can vary greatly depending on the training program and flying school chosen. On average, it can cost anywhere from 15-20 lakhs Indian rupees.

3. Are there any specific educational qualifications required to become a pilot in India?

Yes, to become a pilot in India, one must have completed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Some flying schools may also require a bachelor's degree in any field.

4. What are the entry criteria for pilot training in India?

The entry criteria for pilot training in India include being at least 18 years of age, having a valid Indian passport, and having a minimum of 50 hours of flying experience as a student pilot before taking the final exams.

5. What are the job opportunities for pilots in India?

There are various job opportunities for pilots in India, including commercial airlines, cargo airlines, charter flights, and government agencies. The demand for pilots in India is expected to grow in the coming years, creating more job opportunities.