I want to be famous, someone wants it too?

• Thread starter physics user1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dreams plan
In summary, the conversation revolves around the desire to become famous and the idea of fame and money being the ultimate goal in life. The participants discuss different paths to fame, such as becoming a scientist or an actor, and whether it is worth pursuing. They also question the importance of being recognized by strangers and the value of close relationships versus fame and wealth. Finally, they reflect on the importance of living in the present and not getting caught up in dreams of fame.
physics user1
Have you got the same dream? I got this dream since I was I kid

What is your plan of reaching fame, money and shine?

How to start bulding fame and reputation? You tube?

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Famous for what?

Gotta decide for what first, I've read about famous people in different field and they all share passion for what they are doing, they're unique and have something to share. Fame and money don't come from nothing , i got some ideas and i would appreciate if someone would give me some advice: i don't think i have musical talents, i just like listening to music, but i think i can become a famous scientist, (like michio kaku or bill nye) I am very good at physics ( top 2-3 in my high school ) and i love it, I am competitive and i like being at the top, so... maybe becoming a scientific celebrity could be the path?
Can a scientific celebrity have it's own brand? And can they advertise all kind of stuff like soft drinks?
I would like also to be part of some tv shows, appear in some sitcoms so making a parallel carrer as an actor, i know this requires time and I am asking: could be a good idea starting some acting lessons once i get at the university? to make things clear i would like to achieve that degree of fame where people recognize me walking to the street and ask for signatures or photos

Would it be strange being both actor and scientist?

As a starting would it be a good idea making science videos on you tube?

What would you do?

Another idea would be making hilarious and funny videos like pewdiepie or others you tubers?

Or trying both, science and hilarious stuff, keeping open all the opportunities...
The problem is that to make something good you have to highly focus on that thing... so i don't know if being a jack of all trades would be so good

Alex, why do you want to be so loved by people that you don't really know? What of their character? Most people are happy being known just by people that they love- universally a more rewarding experience than being a celebrity. And many of the people that made contributions to humanity were not seeking fame. Could they ever really know you anyway? Isn't a group of close friends and a few family members enough? The life of a rich celebrity holds no more value to me than the woman that I suspect has been sleeping somewhere in the grove across my street. I worry about her. Cars drop her off at the end of the street often.

I spent my childhood trying to be invisible... I prefer to not tie myself to so many people. That way, I can be myself, and don't have to always watch what I say and do. I don't buy into the celebrity hype and could only name a handful of people in entertainment, but could hand you quite a lengthy list of those who have made contributions that resulted in improving the quality of life for people around the world.

Dumbledore said, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Likes Monsterboy, Hoophy, Shakir and 7 others
I can only suggest that You-tube is NOT the way.
The most famous people associated with that are only famous because of their outstanding contribution to pointless nonsense.

Likes Hoophy and Evo
Being famous isn't really a goal (personal opinion here). Most people become famous because they worked hard in what they did and what they loved so much that most people know their names and they get invitations for TV shows and stuff like that ... I hope you get the point. I mean everyone wishes to be famous. But being famous from something meaningful (helping orphans, contributing to the human knowledge...) will mean to you way more than being famous for entertainment or meaningless things. Take into consideration too that most famous and rich people say that it didn't make them that much happier. Jim Carrey once said:

"I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer"

So this is still my opinion on the matter but if you want to take into consideration i advice you to search for what you have an interest in and have a cause in life and then work as hard as you can on that thing until you actually feel the satisfaction you want.

Likes Monsterboy, physics user1 and Evo
Fervent Freyja said:
Alex, why do you want to be so loved by people that you don't really know? What of their character? Most people are happy being known just by people that they love- universally a more rewarding experience than being a celebrity. And many of the people that made contributions to humanity were not seeking fame. Could they ever really know you anyway? Isn't a group of close friends and a few family members enough? The life of a rich celebrity holds no more value to me than the woman that I suspect has been sleeping somewhere in the grove across my street. I worry about her. Cars drop her off at the end of the street often.

I spent my childhood trying to be invisible... I prefer to not tie myself to so many people. That way, I can be myself, and don't have to always watch what I say and do. I don't buy into the celebrity hype and could only name a handful of people in entertainment, but could hand you quite a lengthy list of those who have made contributions that resulted in improving the quality of life for people around the world.

Dumbledore said, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Hi :) thanks for the answer, I understand your points, my close friends also don't care about money (with money i mean like millions bucks ) and fame, they are ok with thinking a normal future (anonymous just family and friends like the majority of people), maybe with the time ill give up my dream or ill change my ideas, but now I am attracted to the idea of living like a celebrity, with money, fame and fans, thinking about a life without those makes me feel like I am missing something, i always loved "being in the spotlight", being at the center of attention, being competitive and "being better than others"... ok that doesn't sound good i admit it, but it's like what the point of a competition is,

or just making something people appreciate, its all a matter of satisfaction

being loved by people i don't really know...

well it's like getting thumbs up or likes, it makes feel you good, right? You're efforts were worthy, people think you're talented, smart, beautiful or whatever is your fame about, you can google yourself, i think it would be awesome. Another motivations are: being famous and rich means that you can get almost everything in less time i guess, (for example) from videogames to fancy cars, money is a motivation that moves lots of people, not for the money themselves but for what you can buy with them of course
You have the opportunity to have an intense life, full of events and emotions, these are the motivations that moves people that wish to be rich and famous i think

So...
it's a matter of satisfaction, money and intense life

i look at celebrities and ask myself, how do they do it? What is it feels like? Are they so talented or with hard work you can achieve such a success?
I don't know all the people but once in their life I am pretty sure everyone wanted to be rich and famous
"

Cozma Alex said:
I don't know all the people but once in their life I am pretty sure everyone wanted to be rich and famous
"

Yes, I used to want to be rich and famous. Then I became an adult.

Likes phinds and davenn
micromass said:
Yes, I used to want to be rich and famous. Then I became an adult.

Rereading this, it sounds a bit harsh. I did mean what I said though. I wanted to be rich and famous when I was young all the time. But then you see people who you love dying. You see people suffering and you feel bad and can't do anything for them. You get lovers leaving you or cheating on you. When you went through these experiences, a couple of likes on facebook becomes meaningless. The love of your friends and family close to you becomes much more important than the adoration of some fans that you don't know.

Likes cnh1995, Larry Gopnik, Monsterboy and 7 others
Cozma Alex said:
Have you got the same dream? I got this dream since I was I kid

What is your plan of reaching fame, money and shine?

My piece of advice is to first, try to see what are you really interested at, develop your skills and make a path to pursue a certain goal. If after years, your hard work bring you to fame, glory and money, is a whole different story. But pursuing these for their own sake or just for the heck of it, is like looking at a misinformed map. The costs of it and there are really many, cannot lead to personal fulfillment, unless you haven't any particular real goal in your life and I don't think that this is the case.

For all the other things, I agree with all the above posts and I'll particularly agree and quote micromass

micromass said:
But then you see people who you love dying. You see people suffering and you feel bad and can't do anything for them. You get lovers leaving you or cheating on you. When you went through these experiences, a couple of likes on facebook becomes meaningless. The love of your friends and family close to you becomes much more important than the adoration of some fans that you don't know.

Likes physics user1
Cozma Alex said:
or just making something people appreciate, its all a matter of satisfaction
"

I would settle for not feeling like a disappointment to everyone I love already. More people in my life means they would be even more disappointed. Thinking about it just stresses me out.

Seeking acceptance, appreciation, or validation is the same thing as seeking to be loved.

Saying that everyone wanted to be rich and famous at one point cannot be true. There are many isolated societies in the world, with there being thousands of societies that have their own types of 'celebrities' that others will never know about. Also, the US has a fixation on entertainment that cannot be matched elsewhere. I suspect that much of the world laughs about how much we worship each other. The same goes for money. There are people that grow up in communities that have little emphasis on money and excess. I grew up so poor that I didn't understand what rich actually meant, how could I want something that I didn't understand? Still, I have observed people all my life and I do not see that those with more than necessary to live comfortably are actually happier. Not everyone wants to be a certain something when they grow up.

micromass said:
The love of your friends and family close to you becomes much more important than the adoration of some fans that you don't know.

Such a modest man.

I'll just take the money, thanks. You can keep the fame.

Likes Monsterboy and Pepper Mint
Rubidium_71 said:
I'll just take the money, thanks. You can keep the fame.
Dude
How about... NO
;)

Dear Micromass,
I couldn't help but thanking for your words. They are gold.

Such a great observation.

Likes micromass
QuantumQuest said:
My piece of advice is to first, try to see what are you really interested at, develop your skills and make a path to pursue a certain goal. If after years, your hard work bring you to fame, glory and money, is a whole different story. But pursuing these for their own sake or just for the heck of it, is like looking at a misinformed map. The costs of it and there are really many, cannot lead to personal fulfillment, unless you haven't any particular real goal in your life and I don't think that this is the case.
I agree completely.
Having the goal of becoming famous and rich, without a clear vision of what you will do to become famous and rich is going at it backwards, IMO.

Likes Monsterboy, QuantumQuest and physics user1
Thanks everyone for the advices, i will keep improving in what i like doing and i will try new experiences to actually find out what my path is, i will focus on my strengths and maybe one day i will also be rich and famous

Cozma Alex said:
Thanks everyone for the advices, i will keep improving in what i like doing and i will try new experiences to actually find out what my path is, i will focus on my strengths and maybe one day i will also be rich and famous
What they say to aspiring musicians: "Don't quit your day job..."

Here's how:

Last edited:
Riches I hold in light esteem,
And Love I laugh to scorn;
And lust of fame was but a dream,
That vanished with the morn.

Emile Bronte

Likes Sophia
I heard something like this the other day. Only a few will have deep feeling for you, for a while, when you die; you don't leave much of a hole in the universe, instead you get put in a hole.

1. Why do people want to be famous?

People may want to be famous for various reasons such as money, recognition, power, or the desire for validation and attention from others.

2. Is wanting to be famous a bad thing?

It depends on the individual's motivations and how they handle fame. While fame can bring many opportunities and benefits, it can also lead to negative consequences such as invasion of privacy, unrealistic expectations, and loss of personal relationships.

3. How do you become famous?

There is no set formula for becoming famous as it largely depends on luck and timing. Some people become famous through talent and hard work, while others gain fame through controversial actions or being in the right place at the right time.

4. Can anyone become famous?

In theory, anyone has the potential to become famous. However, factors such as social status, access to resources, and opportunities can greatly impact one's chances of achieving fame.

5. What are some downsides of being famous?

Being famous can come with a loss of privacy, constant scrutiny from the media and public, and the pressure to maintain a certain image. It can also be emotionally and mentally taxing, as well as lead to a lack of genuine relationships and a sense of isolation.