Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to be number 1

1. Apr 2, 2004 #1
    This is no big deal, but I wrote a short story and sent it to a website called BeWrite.net. They have a list of the most downloaded stories on their site and right now I'm at number 10. If you don't have anything to do at the moment I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my story. It doesn't cost anything and I don't make any money, I just want to see my name in the number 1 slot. The name of the story is "You Snooze, You Lose" by S. Brian Whipple. Here's a link to the "Humorous Stories" page. My story is the fifth one down on the list.
    http://www.bewrite.net/free_fiction/categories/humour.htm
    The funny thing is, about 5 times more people will read this post than will read my story. I have had 139 people read it so far and first place is 187.
    If there is a problem with me posting something like this I'll delete it right now, I don't have a problem with that. I know this isn't a place for self advertisement, but I'm really not making a penny for this.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2004 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

wow tribdog, that is very well written and attention grabbing.. I remember you mentioning something like this before, did it really happen? Yes, I noticed the humour and fiction in the URL though..

4. Apr 2, 2004 #3
    it mostly really happened, except for the wonderdog stuff.
    and thank you for the compliment.

5. Apr 2, 2004 #4
    Well written....but, YIKES!

6. Apr 2, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Great job Tribdog!

I think this is OK; kind of like a press release for your existing fans? :biggrin:

7. Apr 2, 2004 #6
    Wow, thanks everyone. I just read the fine print on the BeWrite site and the new ratings don't come out until the first of the month. Dang! Patience is not a virtue of mine.

8. Apr 2, 2004 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're welcome, your writings are very recognizable as being in your own style. After the usual initial confusion I think many people really enjoy your input :smile:

9. Apr 2, 2004 #8
    lol, you really think so? I think after the initial confusion comes the secondary confusion, then the initial outrage, then initial disgust, then tertiary confusion, then initial reluctant acceptance.

10. Apr 2, 2004 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

um.. yeah.. that too :P

11. Apr 2, 2004 #10
    Groovyliciously Psychodelic Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW tribdog! You are lilke so kidding! You were seriously stabbed in the neck??? :eek: oh my goodness!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (does the "wonderdog" stuff include the stabbing part?)

That was a fantastic story! I sent in comments by pressing the feedback button.

Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't everyone forward the link to all their friends and family so tribdog can definitly get to be #1, because he seriously deserves it. I LOVED this story!! a masterpiece! :biggrin: :smile:

12. Apr 2, 2004 #11
    ...yes but he has proven he is a good writer cause I now want to know "the rest of the story" like in how did you get found? recovery? did the assailants get caught? prosecuted? what happened? after the (where you) end(ed)?

13. Apr 2, 2004 #12
    Good story tribdog. Hope you do well with the contest.

14. Apr 2, 2004 #13
    Wow, I love you. No, seriously, I love you.

The rest of the story is I died and was buried a week later. Wouldn't that be a scary story? The truth is I spent a little over a week in the hospital and wasn't able to speak for about two months and the guy who stabbed me went to jail, got out of jail and robbed a cop's house and went back to jail where he sits as we speak.

15. Apr 3, 2004 #14
    Good short story writer too, I see....:cool:

16. Apr 5, 2004 #15
    Hey tribog,
    Whenever I send your story to people, and they try to use the link, they say that it doesn't work. They get "this page cannot be displayed". So I just ended up having to copy/paste. :confused:

17. Apr 5, 2004 #16

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?