Will you help me reach number 1 on BeWrite.net?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a short story written by S. Brian Whipple and submitted to a website called BeWrite.net. The story is currently at number 10 on the list of most downloaded stories and the author is hoping to reach the number 1 spot. The story is titled "You Snooze, You Lose" and can be found on the "Humorous Stories" page. The author received compliments on their writing and encourages others to share the link with their friends and family. The author also mentions that the story is based on true events, but has some fictional elements. There is discussion about the link not working, but the correct link is provided.
tribdog
This is no big deal, but I wrote a short story and sent it to a website called BeWrite.net. They have a list of the most downloaded stories on their site and right now I'm at number 10. If you don't have anything to do at the moment I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my story. It doesn't cost anything and I don't make any money, I just want to see my name in the number 1 slot. The name of the story is "You Snooze, You Lose" by S. Brian Whipple. Here's a link to the "Humorous Stories" page. My story is the fifth one down on the list.
http://www.bewrite.net/free_fiction/categories/humour.htm
The funny thing is, about 5 times more people will read this post than will read my story. I have had 139 people read it so far and first place is 187.
If there is a problem with me posting something like this I'll delete it right now, I don't have a problem with that. I know this isn't a place for self advertisement, but I'm really not making a penny for this.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
wow tribdog, that is very well written and attention grabbing.. I remember you mentioning something like this before, did it really happen? Yes, I noticed the humour and fiction in the URL though..

it mostly really happened, except for the wonderdog stuff.
and thank you for the compliment.

Last edited:
Well written...but, YIKES!

Great job Tribdog!

I think this is OK; kind of like a press release for your existing fans? :biggrin:

Wow, thanks everyone. I just read the fine print on the BeWrite site and the new ratings don't come out until the first of the month. Dang! Patience is not a virtue of mine.

tribdog said:
You're welcome, your writings are very recognizable as being in your own style. After the usual initial confusion I think many people really enjoy your input :smile:

Monique said:
You're welcome, your writings are very recognizable as being in your own style. After the usual initial confusion I think many people really enjoy your input :smile:

lol, you really think so? I think after the initial confusion comes the secondary confusion, then the initial outrage, then initial disgust, then tertiary confusion, then initial reluctant acceptance.

um.. yeah.. that too :P

Groovyliciously Psychodelic Dude!

tribdog said:
it mostly really happened, except for the wonderdog stuff.

WOW tribdog! You are lilke so kidding! You were seriously stabbed in the neck? :eek: oh my goodness! :eek: :eek: :eek: (does the "wonderdog" stuff include the stabbing part?)

That was a fantastic story! I sent in comments by pressing the feedback button.

Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't everyone forward the link to all their friends and family so tribdog can definately get to be #1, because he seriously deserves it. I LOVED this story! a masterpiece! :biggrin: :smile:

Last edited:
...yes but he has proven he is a good writer cause I now want to know "the rest of the story" like in how did you get found? recovery? did the assailants get caught? prosecuted? what happened? after the (where you) end(ed)?

Good story tribdog. Hope you do well with the contest.

SquareItSalamander said:
WOW tribdog! You are lilke so kidding! You were seriously stabbed in the neck? :eek: oh my goodness! :eek: :eek: :eek: (does the "wonderdog" stuff include the stabbing part?)

That was a fantastic story! I sent in comments by pressing the feedback button.

Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't everyone forward the link to all their friends and family so tribdog can definately get to be #1, because he seriously deserves it. I LOVED this story! a masterpiece! :biggrin: :smile:
Wow, I love you. No, seriously, I love you.

Mr. Robin Parsons said:
...yes but he has proven he is a good writer cause I now want to know "the rest of the story" like in how did you get found? recovery? did the assailants get caught? prosecuted? what happened? after the (where you) end(ed)?
The rest of the story is I died and was buried a week later. Wouldn't that be a scary story? The truth is I spent a little over a week in the hospital and wasn't able to speak for about two months and the guy who stabbed me went to jail, got out of jail and robbed a cop's house and went back to jail where he sits as we speak.

Good short story writer too, I see...:cool:

Hey tribog,
Whenever I send your story to people, and they try to use the link, they say that it doesn't work. They get "this page cannot be displayed". So I just ended up having to copy/paste. :confused:

1. What does it mean to be "number 1" in the scientific community?

Being "number 1" in the scientific community typically refers to being recognized as a leading expert in a particular field of study. This can be achieved through contributions to groundbreaking research, publications in prestigious journals, and receiving grants and awards from respected organizations.

2. What are some common characteristics of individuals who strive to be "number 1" in their field?

Individuals who strive to be "number 1" in their field often possess a strong drive for success, a dedication to their work, and a passion for their area of study. They are also typically highly motivated, persistent, and possess excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

3. Is being "number 1" in the scientific community a competitive or collaborative pursuit?

Both competitiveness and collaboration can play a role in achieving "number 1" status in the scientific community. While individuals may compete for funding, recognition, and resources, collaboration is also necessary for scientific progress as it allows for the sharing of knowledge and resources to achieve common goals.

4. Can anyone become "number 1" in their field, or does it require a certain level of intelligence or talent?

Becoming "number 1" in a field of study often requires a combination of intelligence, talent, and hard work. While some individuals may have a natural aptitude for a certain subject, success in the scientific community also requires dedication, perseverance, and a willingness to continuously learn and improve.

5. Is being "number 1" in the scientific community a lifelong achievement, or can it be lost over time?

Achieving "number 1" status in the scientific community is not a one-time accomplishment, but rather an ongoing pursuit. While individuals may reach this status at a particular point in their career, it is important to continue producing high-quality work and staying at the forefront of their field in order to maintain this status. It can also be lost over time if others surpass an individual's contributions and advancements in the field.