I want to kill myself right now.

• Thread starter Entropy
  • Start date
In summary, Just missed my Calc exam because I got the wrong date. Instead of going by the university block schedule for exams my teacher set her own time, which isn't illegal. But since I didn't go to class for the last week (which was just review) I was unaware of this. Now unless my teacher is willing to overlook my stupidity I will fail the class. Right now I'm waiting for her to email be back. I really want to kill myself right now, because if I don't I know my parents will when they find out.
mathblaster said:
I think you should carry out the plan so that your parents don't get mad at you. It seems like a good option for a slacker
Wow, that was over 3 years ago.

Physics news on Phys.org
mathblaster said:
I think you should carry out the plan so that your parents don't get mad at you. It seems like a good option for a slacker

Note that this thread is over three years old. :biggrin:

It isn't too late to admit that you should have never been conceived and make up for your parents failure to use contraception.

Wow, a really mean-spirited zombie thread!

A temporary member!

He never did tell us how things turned out. I guess we were to imply it from other posts he made in other threads. His last post on PF:

Entropy said:
Speaking of jobs, I had my first day of work to day pushing shopping carts at Target. They basicly lied right to my face saying it was an easy job. I just talked to someone today that had my position for over a year and said it was easily the hardest job their. The managers just lie to new people so they'll take the job. Sigh... My legs are so sore right now...

I guess that will be a lesson to anyone that might think of missing an exam.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Am I the only one who's still waiting patiently to find out what happened? C'mon, Entropy, I want to hear the rest of this. Did you finally get in touch with your prof?

No. But I think even if he has missed an exam all but the most diabolical and evil person will have given him a make up test? It's not like he waltzed into the exam sat down, burnt his paper, then flipped the bird to the moderator and said "screw you guys I'm going home."

I must say though it's a cliff hanger. :smile:

3 years though, I mean come on, what happened? :tongue:

Maybe he's still waiting for that e-mail.

3 years? Comon man …. you shouldn’t let them get worried about you that long… what happened…..did you kill yourself?

Is my university unusual in that the Final exam dates are set, by the university, at the beginning of the semester and it is against the rules to change it. The date and time of the final is included in the syllabus handed out on the first day of classes, and available on the course website. Once that has been given, the only way to change it, is if the prof gets written agreement to a new date/time from every student registered in the course.

It seems to me to be a touch ridiculous to announce the final exam date during the last week of classes, especially if it were outside of the "official" schedule. There is always a chance of conflicts.

Entropy said:
Just missed my Calc exam because I got the wrong date. Instead of going by the university block schedule for exams my teacher set her own time, which isn't illegal. But since I didn't go to class for the last week (which was just review) I was unaware of this. Now unless my teacher is willing to overlook my stupidity I will fail the class. Right now I'm waiting for her to email be back. I really want to kill myself right now, because if I don't I know my parents will when they find out.

I still have dreams about such situations as you have mentioned or shall I call them nightmares - I have been out of school for 2 years now. However - It has never happened to me and I've managed to achieve exactly what I wanted for the undergraduate studies. Trust me on this ... be practical , your grades ( unless you are a math major ) are rarely going to matter either in industry or whether you enroll in graduate school , and your dilemna should be easily resolved by continuously corresponding with your teacher as well as your advisors. I have a perfect grade point average in all three calculus courses as well as differential equations and it has not mattered one bit.